Trip to SF, Jowls, Random Topics

ib40
on 1/12/12 1:43 pm
Today is my 4-month surgiversary and this is my "state of the union" address! It was also my poorest monthly loss so far, and it was entirely my fault. I grazed and took bites of things I shouldn't have during the Christmas holidays. But I am aware of it and getting back on track.

My hubby and I also took a quick trip to San Francisco for a wedding last weekend. It was my first trip ever to California and we had so much fun! Wonderrful place (although I also sampled food that I normally shouldn't/wouldn't eat, but I'm okay with it, because I'll probably never be in SF again). I fit so well in the airplane seats, I was completely comfortable walking up and down hills (wasn't even sore later!) and wore heels the whole night at the wedding without my feet falling off.

I've lost a lot of inches--54.5 inches so far--and almost 49 lbs. I have really fair skin and have made a practice of wearing sunscreen and moisturizing for years and years. Although I'm 40 now, my skin is in really good condition. But as I lose weight, I'm starting to get jowls/marionette lines. I'm a little freaked out about it. My grandmother had jowls like you would not believe so there is a genetic predisposition towards it. I feel like I'm a little too young for a face lift, but I find I'm starting to consider it already as a possibility.

My stomach acid issues, which were such a problem in Month 2/3, have self-regulated to the point that I don't take any medication for it. I am losing copious amounts of hair; it began in Month 3. I expected it, but I'm ready for it to stop. My long, blonde hair shows up as I shed all over my clothes, my desk, my coat, my car seat. Others have said that it is partly due to surgery, but I've had many surgeries and it has never been a side effect. However, when I have been on VLCD in the past, I have always lost hair. I really think that my hair loss, at least, is due to the low-calorie intake.

I need to get back on track with my eating, so this is me publicly admitting I have not done my best during the past month. The scale doesn't lie (damn scale!). But I am still so happy with my life, my progress, and sleeve.

46_11tobeme
on 1/12/12 11:07 pm - NJ
 Jowls - ugh! Got em. Also noticed yesteday this crepe paper loose skin on my neck - very depressing! Getting old sucks, and the weight loss does not help with skin appearance. I am only 46 too!

Glad to hear the acid problem has gotten better. I have been worried about this as I dont want to take a PPI for long.

You have done great - congrats!

ib40
on 1/13/12 1:43 am
Thanks! I, too, have the crepe paper issue popping up. I mostly notice it under my chin when I pick my head up. The rest isn't too bad. Moisturize the heck out of it and use exfoliating cloths to remove any dead/dry skin to make it as smooth as possible. The thicker moisturizing creams do seem to help with the appearance of my crepe paper neck.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 248 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 315 views