Liquid protein shots

MsLove01
on 1/15/12 12:00 pm - WA
Has anyone tried these? I saw them at the grocery store called New Whey. They came in grape and watermelon and said they had 46 grm protein.

Marlene

TheBiscuit
on 1/15/12 12:05 pm - TX
 Those are not the right kind of protein. Protein shots are an incomplete form of protein that our body will not absorb. It's basically like not having any at all. It does have some whey, but not enough. It's mostly collagen, which is not the protein you want. Stick to Isopures and other trusted protein shakes.
MsLove01
on 1/15/12 12:22 pm - WA
Thanks..you see so much garbage they try to sell you.
Marlene

Cindy22706
on 1/15/12 10:33 pm - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
I thought I had read that they were bad on here, but then I keep seeing the ads for them on the sidebar while I am here. How annoying.
VUUBUG
on 1/15/12 10:37 pm
VSG on 01/10/12
 yea, I bought them because they advertised "liquid gold for bariatric patients" I bought a case before my surgery thinking what a great source of protein to add to water....but reading on these boards educated me....I tried to run it by my NUT, but she hasn't responded yet!  I did purchase nectar packets, waiting for them to arrive....I should have done my homework first...live and learn!

MsBabzi
on 1/16/12 12:53 am - Norwalk, CT
Nectar by Syntrax is the BOMB!!!!!

I absolutely LOVE the Tea, Lemonade and Strawberry Mousse flavors!!!

And the price is right too.  Compare it to Isopure, Nectar is cheaper.  And Nectar has more protien!!

Hope you uenjoy!!!

ruggie
on 1/16/12 5:03 am - Sacramento, CA
The main protein source in these are from collagen.  Collagen is an inexpensive source of protein derived from skin, hair, connective tissue, and hooves.  It is not a complete protein source and completely lacks some amino acids that your body cannot synthesize.  I highly recommend you pass on them.  The New Whey company will try to trick you by advertising that they also contain whey and casinate protein forms, but the bulk of the product is collagen.  

I've seen those ads listing them as the "gold standard for bariatric surgery" - bunch of crap!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views