70# down w/ pics

Linda B.
on 1/15/12 12:22 pm - CA
Hello all, it has been a while, but Nov-Jan I was living life and enjoying it like never before. Weight loss has slowed but today I dropped another pound so I know I am moving in the right direction. I finally broke 180 and hit 179....so I am more motivated than ever. The thought over going through the holidays and not GAINING was a 1st for me....I missed coming here, and will be hanging around again for a while.
Here are some recent pics.
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
Hope you all have been well and happy!
NO DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE WAS BETTER THAN MY CHOICE TO HAVE THIS SURGERY! LIFE IS GOOD!

Awesome workout: www.ujamfitness.com 

HW=249#  SW= 236#  CW 179#  TOTAL=71 lost BMI= 30.6
Lose weight with me at LIVESTRONG.COM

onemoretry
on 1/15/12 12:39 pm - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Welcome back, you are looking good!

HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

Linda B.
on 1/15/12 12:44 pm - CA
Thank you! I feel wonderful!

Linda B.
on 1/16/12 5:31 am - CA
THANK YOU!! :)
Linda B

1london
on 1/15/12 9:05 pm
WOW!!  Congratulations!

September903
on 1/15/12 11:59 pm
Keep up the good work! I am curious to know how tall you are? Our rate of loss appears to be similar, and our starting weights and surgery dates were close too. What is your current BMI? My doctor told me that my BMI goal should be about 26/27 although I am aiming for 25 and that my weight will probably not go below 160, although my goal is 150. He made thses assurtions based on my body type, but i notice that many people on this site far exceed their doctors projections. Please share.

Linda B.
on 1/16/12 5:30 am - CA
Hello & Thank YOU!...I am 5'4". My BMI right now is 30.7 I think. I have set a goal of 150lbs and it could be another year before I get there. I am enjoying EVERYTHING about life that I can right now. I work in Hospice so it keeps me grateful for every single day that I have. 

I am 54, so I am not really stressing about how FAST my weight comes off. I am enjoying my life right now like never before. And I am still losing, so that makes me happy and I am still as motivated as ever. I workout 5-6 times a week and I haven't and hope to never stress about "carbs".  They are not evil...esp when I am working out like I am. I am not about demonizing food. It was ME, not the food that caused all my problems. But, still, almost a year later, I crave the protein over carbs anyway. I don't abuse and I have a great support system. I guess my point in this is that all of our experiences are different. What works for me, will not work for everyone. As long as my mental status is in program mode 98% of the time, I am a happy camper.

This holiday(Nov) I went to Mexico ALL INCLUSIVE for 10 days...came home the same weight as when I left...got through all the Xmas holidays and was on a cruise over New Years to Ensenada(1st time in 10 years I had done ANYTHING on New Years) and came home and a week later I broke through the 180's.  I have never gone through the holidays without gaining at LEAST 5LBS and that's on the low side. Sorry for rambling, but this surgery WAS magic for me. I have to work it, but I couldn't have done it without the surgery. 

Hope you have a wonderful year! Keep me posted on your progress. :)
Linda B

felicity2u
on 1/16/12 12:58 am - LA

Great to see you out enjoying life! You look wonderful!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

Linda B.
on 1/16/12 5:30 am - CA
THANK YOU~~! I really am!
Linda B

trayb17
on 1/16/12 5:52 am
VSG on 01/05/12