Ladies I need help.

superchickk51
on 1/15/12 10:38 am
 I will be 3 weeks out tomorrow, I had a real rough time today, tom cam and vistited me today, well I had real bad cramps and everything that came out was dried up. Is that normal. I also tried to take some pain meds to help out the pain and I threw up, I have thrown up all day. with anything I have been drinking so i've just been drinking water so far. The last time I threw up it looked like dried up blood, but I also took and antiacid 30 mins before.  As of right now I feel good just a litlle hungry I really dont wanna throw up again and I have hart burn since I threw up my meds.  I need some info I called my dr this morning, and if the pain continued go to the er. I really need to know if i'm the only one with this problem. Thanks

jessicae
on 1/15/12 10:41 am
 sounds like you should head to the ER just to get checked out.  too many things for being so short out of surgery to do a wait and see approach.  good luck, let us know how you make out. 

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

moonglo82
on 1/15/12 10:43 am
VSG on 03/29/12
I'm not sleeved yet, so I don't know for sure, but I do know that most doctors say only tylenol after the surgery, at least at first. Everything else is too hard on your new tummy.

Can you use a heating pad? Even now, that works wonders for me when I am cramping.

Feel better soon!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

superchickk51
on 1/15/12 10:47 am
 the heating pad was my best friend today. i woke up took a hot shower before i went to sleep that didnt work so i laid in the bath tub that made me sleep, i woke up around 3 30 and felt good ever since really no cramps feel normal im tring to eat now so i hope it goes good

moonglo82
on 1/15/12 10:51 am
VSG on 03/29/12
Glad you're doing a little better! I know that had to be scary. Jessica may have been right, though... don't hesitate to head to the ER if you still can't hold anything down. You don't want to get dehydrated!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

superchickk51
on 1/15/12 10:56 am
 i have been drinking water all day, and i kept down apple juice, the good one with no sugar. so i can keep down liquids, and my food so far

moonglo82
on 1/15/12 10:59 am
VSG on 03/29/12
Good!  I hope the worst is over :/

smrt1997
on 1/15/12 11:26 am
 My surgeon said I could do tylenol and could use the leftover liquid vicodin. If you have that, it should get you through. You could do childrens chewable tylenol or even the liquid tylenol. I hope you feel better soon!

VSG 12-7-11                        

superchickk51
on 1/15/12 11:30 am
 ok cool i have lots of my pain meds left, and my dr also told me I could take muscle relaxers too, if i dont take them all te time i havent even touched them in a long time,but I think the worst is over I took a good nap earlier, and that help and I can keep my food down, I think the dried up bllod might have been mucus ddue to ceder fever her in Tx which I'm cant handle very well my nose bleed everytime .  I feel better already.

MsLove01
on 1/15/12 11:34 am - WA
Do you think you are deyhdrated or have a touch of the stomach flu? You should not have pain three weeks out. Especially if you are not eating. I'm glad you called your doc. Also check for a fever.
Marlene

Most Active