Weigh****chers

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/12 9:57 pm
My doctor allows for fruits and veggies and things other than protein. He wants a balanced diet.
Ms Shell
on 1/18/12 12:25 am - Hawthorne, CA
I'm glad the world that you live in allows for such stringency for 3 years and I guess the next 40 given life liberty and the pursuit of happiness and I'm not at all saying go back to old habits, BUT for many of use you can have success following a different path then the one YOU chose.

WW is NOT great for YOU...and bully for YOU...but it could just be what someone ELSE needs.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

thin1soon
on 1/18/12 3:39 am
I'm sorry you feel that way. . . I wasn't attacking ANYONE for using Weigh****chers.  It's just that. . . isn't that what we did BEFORE we had the surgery??!  Normal people do NOT have the same protein requirements that we do. . . surely you agree with that.  I bought into this program ALL THE WAY 3 years ago. . . maybe you haven't, and that's why you're still struggling.
thin1soon  TN

Pre-surgery weight 11/6/08-253
Post surgery (12 wks.) 2/3/09-185
68 pounds lost

Ms Shell
on 1/18/12 3:49 am - Hawthorne, CA
Wow I'm still struggling because I'm not a robot and have addiction problems.  So in case you don't get THAT...your words just ATTACKED me but I could care less because I have the STRENGTH to keep looking and not be condescending to OTHERS who are seeking to find what works for THEM...so take that and add it to your water, protein and vitamins.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

thin1soon
on 1/18/12 3:57 am
Thanks!  I will :)
thin1soon  TN

Pre-surgery weight 11/6/08-253
Post surgery (12 wks.) 2/3/09-185
68 pounds lost

Ms Shell
on 1/18/12 12:23 am - Hawthorne, CA
I didn't try to do the MUST eat all the points.  I was doing the feel full using these foods aspect.  I also didn't buy to many of their products and just use whole foods...you definitely have to TWEAK their plan, but that's because everyone is different and have to follow the path best suited for them.

newme2011-2012
on 1/17/12 12:01 pm
I still do WW and love the support.
By the way on WW program you can eat whatever you want and just count points. there is no written law on fats , veggies, etc....
If the support helps . I say g for it.
I track on their web site and myfitnesspal.com both.
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

moonglo82
on 1/17/12 12:22 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Speaking as someone who just left Weigh****chers:

They have two options on their plan. You can count points, of you can do the simply filling technique. Most everything that we consider to be part of a normal "post op" diet would be simply filling, except for the protein bars/shakes, which some dr's even recommend avoiding once you can get in your protein without them anyways. And if you do use a protein bar or shake, those can be taken out of your weekly points.

It's true that they want you to have 5 servings of fruits and/or veggies a day, but I'm sure that could be modified for someone with a sleeve.

There is no rule about getting in any amount of fat. They do want you to get in a whopping 2 tsp of a "healthy" oil each day... but that's really not that much. And you can count oil in salad dressing or that you cook with in that 2 tsp.

Also, they require so much water a day too. Not quite as much as our diets do, but there's nothing that says you can't drink extra water.

So, bottom line: WW is absolutely doable with a sleeve. Not sure it should be necessary before at least a year post op, when the natural loss starts to slow, but by all means if it helps you to be accountable, technically it could be done.

I fully plan to consider going back if I need to later on... I just quit for now because I'm about to spend so much on my surgery that I'm trying to cut costs left and right.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Ms Shell
on 1/18/12 12:29 am - Hawthorne, CA
that's it the Simply Filling plan...eating WHOLE foods and HEALTHY oil...God forbid something did that...some people.

Thank you for educating us all!!

MS Shell

edelu
on 1/18/12 11:01 am - los angeles, CA
Can't you just do less points but still do the essence of the program?  if you cut the points on each food group by 20 or 30% wouldn't that work and still have the community and support.  I know for some in my family that is a big part of it.  and there are people who want a balanced diet and have it with the sleeve.  Different strokes. lots of 'em.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views