Weigh****chers

wlsurgeryorbust
on 1/17/12 8:58 am - Raleigh, NC
 I have been sleeved for almost oney year and am having trouble getting the last 15 lbs off so I joined Weigh****chers last week.  Has anyone else used WW to help them on this journey?  DId you find that the amount of points you were supposed to eat was too much or too little?  How much weight did you lose with WW?  Anyone follow the program (I mean really follow it) and actually gain weight?  This is my first week so I won't know if I lost weight until Saturday.  Comments?
thin1soon
on 1/17/12 9:09 am
You shouldn't have to be on Weigh****chers after surgery to get your weight off.  Just count your protein and liquids, keep your carbs down, and exercise.  Your tool is there for you; use it!  Ordinary people who HAVEN'T had surgery don't have that luxury.
thin1soon  TN

Pre-surgery weight 11/6/08-253
Post surgery (12 wks.) 2/3/09-185
68 pounds lost

wlsurgeryorbust
on 1/17/12 9:12 am - Raleigh, NC
 I disagree but okay thanks- 
thin1soon
on 1/17/12 9:17 am
Hey, just a question. . . do you still have your printed info on your program your doc gave you when you had surgery?  I find that, if I gain a pound or two, going back to the weight loss phase of the program gets the weight right off. . . NO carbs and a couple of protein shakes a day, nothing else. . . and exercise.  Maybe that would work for you?  Just an idea :)
thin1soon  TN

68 pounds lost

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/12 9:32 am
I have a really good friend who had RnY three years ago. She goes to WW every Saturday morning. She has been playing with the same last 10 pounds for over a year. Her WW leader finally asked her two weeks ago if she was really committed to losing the last 10 pounds or not and why she wanted to lose them. She wants to, but lets a lot of stuff get in her way. She's not terribly committed.

I've urged her to go back and do the 5 day pouch test to get her back on track. I think she'd be a lot better off doing that. I have really liked WW in the past, but now that I'm sleeved I have realized how important carbs were in my previous food life. WW offers a lot of flexibility with carbs, so I don't see myself going back to WW for maintaining my weight like a few people (all RnY folks) have suggested I do when I get there. Also, WW allows you to eat fruit and not count the points (calories). I easily ate 250-300 calories extra a day in fruit. Hmmm.... calories in, calories out.

Read an article recently that said obese and formerly obese people usually need to eat several hundred calories a day less than non obese people to maintain their weight. My vote would be to get back on your post surgical diet and go to WW if you need the emotional support. Just my two cents.
novascotiadawn
on 1/17/12 9:59 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Hi there,
I do Weigh****chers just to be accountable...Well, I go weekly!!..LOL  ...Support for my daughter...I have been playing with the same 10 pounds for awhile, just like the poster above. I'd like to loose 25 pounds!!!...I find it really hard on work days to get all my points. Now at almost 4 years out. I am just able to get all the points in...And that is with counting peanut butter and higer calorie things to get my points in...

PS...I try to go by my surgeons meal plan and it doesn't fullfill that need inside...Need more!! And WW works if you work it!!!

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

Ms Shell
on 1/17/12 10:42 am - Hawthorne, CA
I so DISAGREE with the other poster.  You NEED whatever TOOL is available to YOU to use in your weight loss journey.  To me WW is about accountability, tracking, etc and it is a GREAT tool to use to get you where you need to go.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Valsdetermined2lose
on 1/17/12 11:40 am
I think WW is a good idea to maintain or to get those last few pounds off, but i tried it and the daily points i could never eat always end up with too many at the end of the day but if you can eat all your points then its for you but on the other hand , with WW if you dont eat , you dont lose.
Good luck

HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

thin1soon
on 1/17/12 11:49 am
I must respectfully disagree again. . . Weigh****chers plans include fats, vegetables, everything. . . and the last time I checked, the ONLY THINGS we need after surgery are protein, liquids, and vitamins.  That's what I've been doing for the last 3 years post-sleeve.  People who have not had this surgery eat TOTALLY DIFFERENT than we do. 
thin1soon  TN

68 pounds lost

howarli
on 1/17/12 9:45 pm - MD

Not to be mean.........but for the last 3 years you have only eaten protein, liquids and vitamins.  No fruit, no vegetables, no carbs no sugar.  You definitely have willpower.  Good for you!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views