REALLY BEEN TRY SO HARD TO GET THIS WEIGHT OFF

ReddChick
on 1/21/12 7:37 am - VA
I AM 23 I HAVE LUPUS AND I TAKE STEROIDS BUT I AM ON 5MG NOW BEEN DOING REALLY GOOD (KNOCK ON WOOD) BUT IT SEEMS LIKE I GET BIGGER AND BIGGER EACH DAY I AM NOT GIVING UP JUST RUNNING OUT OF STUFF TO DO FROM EAT RIGHT WORK OUT AS MUCH AS I CAN  BUT  REALLY NEED SOME HELPFUL THOUGHTS TO GET ME THREW THIS SLUMP...SO WHAT HAVE YOU DONE THAT MIGHT HELP ME????
(deactivated member)
on 1/21/12 7:41 am
Have you had surgery or not?
darly50
on 1/21/12 7:46 am
 It is your drugs my aunt had Lupus also and the steroids did the same thing to her :(

ReddChick
on 1/21/12 8:13 am - VA
I HAVEN'T HAD SURGERY YET BECAUSE THEY WANT ME TO TRY TO GET SOME OF MY WEIGHT OFF BEFORE I HAVE SURGERY....
ruggie
on 1/21/12 11:56 am - Sacramento, CA
This is going to be tough....

Steriods make you hungry.  It's going to be really, really difficult for you to lose weight before WLS while on steriods.  

There are several drugs on the market known as "biologics" that can deal with lupus, but they're expensive and require insurance to cover them to afford them.  Have you discussed these drugs with your rheumatologist?

Honestly, steriods make me ravenous - if you have to lose weight before WLS get your doctor to get you on another drug.

Good luck.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 265 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views