Pre Op Grocery List

suitebliss
on 1/20/12 8:27 am, edited 1/20/12 8:30 am - Southfield, MI
VSG on 03/01/12
Ok,

As I look forward to surgery, these are the things that I've noticed will be good to get, so far:

Gas-X
Unjury Chicken Soup Powder
Biotin
Vitamin E

Please add anything that you think I've missed.
Jamie_45
on 1/20/12 8:55 am - CA
VSG on 01/09/12
Does your Surgeon have a required vitamin list?  I have to take multi-vitamins 2 times daily; calcium w/D-3 2 times daily, B1, B12 (sublingual), and possibly Iron.  I would plan on taking the multis, calcium and b12 at the very least!  I would also get the Unjury unflavored as long as you're ordering from them.  You will need sugar-free jello and sugar-free popsicles!  You will love them.

SassyItalian
on 1/20/12 10:38 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Baby spoons, protein shakes, protein powder, sugar free ice pops, chewable multi vite, chwable calcium.

Why the vitamin E? For your skin/scars?? if you are going to take it orally it can incrase bleeding risks post op so shouldnt be taken for a few weeks..unless your doc recommended it?

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

dec721
on 1/20/12 11:12 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
 A *box* of organic chicken broth / veggie broth / beef broth (canned broth is foul), Crystal Light in multiple flavors (some even have a little protein or electrolytes or vitamins), sugar-free jello and popsicles, decaf tea, a few protein bullets (a gel-like fruit-flavored goo with loads of protein) for the first week.  For the second week (or whatever schedule your surgeon has you on), protein shakes or powder to make shakes (I liked the ready-made SlimFast low carb and Atkins), etc.

Make sure you take some chapstick with you to the hospital, and I couldn't have lived without my mouth-moisturizing spray / rinse.

Best wishes on your journey :-)
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 243 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 312 views