INS. Denied, changing hospitals

kellsters
on 1/21/12 3:01 am - CA
VSG on 01/23/12
My surgery is Monday and I found out yesterday that I am denied. UGH so yesterday I had to rush and get all my pre-op done at a different hospital because now I will be paying cash. This whole process has been the most frustrating thing ever! I love love love my surgeon, but his staff is just not up to par. I am not going to tell him how I feel until AFTER the surgery though. I am tring to relax so I can be ready for monday but I am just so frustrated.

Jaybee766
on 1/21/12 3:19 am - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
I'm so sorry!  What a pain! It sounds like you have a plan though and that's good.
Hang in there!
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

janalynn
on 1/21/12 3:56 am - TX
You can appeal with your insurance company. Call them and find out what their process is and why they denied. THEN you can get all the right paperwork to submit to them to get it paid. EVEN after the surgery you can appeal if they deny. BUT first find out why denied. Could be something simple you can correct if the office staff did not submit something to them.
ruggie
on 1/21/12 4:51 am - Sacramento, CA
Why not appeal?

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

doggz109
on 1/21/12 5:31 am, edited 1/21/12 5:32 am - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Yeah.....why not just appeal?  It won't take that long and I'd say "most" people are successful on appeal - especially in California.  This state has a very good Dept of Managed Health Care or something like that and they are very good at being advocates for the patient.
Most Active
Recent Topics