Eating your veggies?

Stronger1
on 1/22/12 10:00 pm - Charlotte, NC
I feel like I'm constantly eating meat, cheese and eggs...I try to get a tiny bit of veggies in there but after I eat my protein I am so full and maybe take a bite of something green!  I miss my veggies!! Any suggestions out there for trying to up veggie intake while still getting the required protein?

MyOwnSunshine
on 1/22/12 10:04 pm
My plan instructs us to eat three bites of protein and one bite of fruit or veggies when we're eating.  That way you meet your protein requirements and still get fruits or veggies at every meal.

I eat fruits or vegetables at nearly every single meal and have since I could eat solids and it has worked for me.  They are very nutrient dense, add a minimal amount of calories, and provide necessary fiber to your diet.  I can't imagine not eating them on a regular basis for health and for variety.
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
stephintexas
on 1/22/12 10:44 pm
My doctor told me to puree veggies and start steaming then in about 2 more weeks. I have read that some people have trouble with veggies. I'm hesitant to take the plunge so I've stayed away from them and done protein, eggs, milk, etc.
smbergie200
on 1/22/12 11:15 pm - Naples, FL
I'm 5 months out and don't bother with the veggies. They take up too much space and have no protein. I do cook with them sometimes though. I tried a salad recently and it just wasnt the same without all the different veggies mixed in with it. Maybe I will try later on down the road when my sleeve gets a little bigger.

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

wls2011
on 1/23/12 12:37 am - Ballston Lake, NY
I would also like to eat more veggies and fruit...but at this point, I don't.
Yeah, I don't have much room for it, but also, when I try to eat them, they don't sit that well in my stomach.

The only thing that sits well is the starchy, mushy ones, like sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, the stuff we don't really need to eat. But broccoli, green beans, salad, cucumbers, fresh fruit, and stuff like that, I've tried periodically and still a no-go. Fresh, steamed, or cooked, doesn't help.

The only way I can get in veggies and fruits are in shakes...I blend in spinach, raspberries, mangoes, stuff like that. I also buy these fruit & veggie powders that give you a ton of concentrated blends of variety of greens and fruits. I put scoops of these in my shake too.

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

Stronger1
on 1/23/12 1:28 am - Charlotte, NC
I've been thinking about the veggie powders.  Which one do you buy?

Ms Shell
on 1/23/12 1:07 am - Hawthorne, CA
You feel like that because you are and at this stage it's not a big problem.  I'ts hard to get your protein AND include a vegetable so for now my suggestion is just miss it.  It's not for life but for about a few more months until the swelling in your stomach goes down and leaves more room.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Stronger1
on 1/23/12 1:27 am - Charlotte, NC
I really hope it's not for life!  My goal is to be healthy and veggies have so many nutritional benefits, I'm not willing to forego them forever!  I'm going to try Elina's Green Soup recipe, which has a variety of blended veggies...

Ms Shell
on 1/23/12 1:52 am - Hawthorne, CA
Elina's soup is a GREAT way!  And no it's not forever =)

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

vacationlover
on 1/23/12 2:40 am
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 76 views