so far off track.....

K_in_Tx
on 1/23/12 2:58 am
hello -

it's been a long time since i've posted or visited this site.

my goal this year is to get back on track with my eating right and exercising.

i am so far off track that i'm afraid that i've ruined my sleeve and any chance that i have of starting my weight loss again.

i did really well for a long time and then life just got busy and old habits kicked in.   i'm so embarassed and ashamed of myself.    i feel like i've streched my sleeve due to the crap i've eaten.

but i am here, and i am ready to "get back on the wagon".   i need a swift kick in the butt.

if anyone is interested in being my cyber buddy and helping me stick with it, i would appreciate it.   i do not want to fail myself again.

thanks for listening!
FAITHin2011
on 1/23/12 3:03 am - NC
When did you have your VSG? How do you know you have stretched your sleeve?

atomic_bettie
on 1/23/12 3:15 am - OK
Kudos to you for admitting that you have fallen off the wagon and doing something about it.  I know too many people that have gotten a WLS and then just let themselves go back to where they were before the surgery.  It is so sad to watch.  If you need someone to talk to and to hold you accountable, feel free to add me on FB.  My addy is http://facebook.com/danyelle.fenex.  I have a couple of WL buddies, but I could always have more!
Visit my WLS blog:  themisfitscarlett.blogspot.com                                    
katier825
on 1/23/12 3:21 am
Don't beat yourself up! Nothing we can do can change the past, but everything we do changes the future.

Go back to basics. You've already got the best tool, you just need to use it to your advantage. Start tracking food, weigh/measure, keep protein up, carbs down.

You can do it!
SkinnyJeansSoon
on 1/23/12 4:57 am
Hey Girl,

I am in Tx too! I would love to be your cyber buddy! I am only 3 months out but would love to be there for you.

I use MyFitnessPal religiously and there is a huge support network of ladies over there from OH that are very supportive.

PM me if you want to get some regular communication set up!

Alicia

(VSG - 10/20/2011)
HT: 5'9

Newrelease
on 1/23/12 5:15 am - TX
Hi K,
That is what the OH family is about!! No one on here is perfect and life challenges sometimes flare up and we get side-tracked, but the first defense to changes is admitting and that is what you did.

Don't beat yourself up. I am not that familiar with stretching the sleeve but I am sure that if you go back to the basic 600-800 calorie, 70-80 protein, 40grm or less carbs and 64oz water you will probably start feeling your restriction again!! It's all about eating protein first and then veggies and just relax and pace yourself!! 

You can always get support from me here at anytime!! I am only 7 1/2 months out but I will help with whatever you may need.

Take care and good luck! 

janielynne
on 1/23/12 6:29 am
Feel free to message me....we can help each other

BethR311
on 1/23/12 6:55 am - Fort Wayne, IN
I think there's an OH group called Back on Track Together, you might try that. But now that you know you need to do something you've taken the biggest hardest step. I hear this over and over from friends at work ... I know I need to lose weight, I just can't make myself do it. They don't want it bad enough. You do.

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
bluegirl73us
on 1/23/12 6:55 am
I would love a cyber buddy too.  I need the accountability and have had a rough couple of weeks. 
Jerilynk75
on 1/23/12 7:01 am - TX
Fellow Texan here - - will be 5 months out tomorrow....would love to help you...and would love help, too!

And, I don't know WHERE you are in Texas, but if you're in the Dallas area - let me know, too!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 361 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views