Vitamin help

swarner0502
on 1/24/12 11:36 pm - PA
VSG on 01/04/12
Hey everyone.. i am 3 weeks out today and i went on the scale and im down 30 pounds since surgery. but i wanna start taking all my vitamins now that im healing a little bit more. my doctor told me what to take but not which ones. i need help on what ones are good and which ones arent that great. if you guys could give me insight on what u guys are taking and when u are taking them it would help.. i know they say to take one at every meal since ther are different ones but with me being a full time student and work part time. i wold forget alot. so i would love insight on what u guys do with your vitamins..

thank you :)

mendez2011
on 1/25/12 12:04 am - CA
I take a gummie multi-vitamin, b1, sublingual b12, a chewable iron and chewy calcium & vitamin D. the mulit-vitamin I get from Walmart. The others I bought online at whydiet.com and bariatricchoice.com.

I have them on my desk and start eating them or taking them after I eat breakfast. since they are mostly chewable, i can take them throughout the day. I know it would be different for you but, keep them with or by whatever you eat or are going to eat with meals.

I hope some of this might help.
Keep up the great work!!

julesGA
on 1/25/12 2:35 am, edited 1/25/12 2:39 am - Brunswick, GA
 Here is my schedule:

When I first wake up - calcium

with breakfast - multi-vitamin, stomach acid pill, Vit D-3, B-12, Co-Q10

mid day - calcium, 1 fiber gummy

with dinner: multi-vitamin, vit D-3  (I take exta D because mine is low. you may not need it)

just before bed - calcium

~~~~~~~~~~
Don't take calcium with iron, the iron with inhibit the absorption.  Since my multi has iron in it, I wait 2 hours.   Vitamins should be taken with food.  Calcium can be taken any time.    
I take a mega-loaded multi from the health food store, Citracal petites for calcium, and whatever brand for D-3 and Co-Q10.  

swarner0502
on 1/25/12 2:43 am - PA
VSG on 01/04/12
thank you.. i think im going to go look for them this weekend :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views