Elina's Green Chicken Soup - YUM!!

Stronger1
on 1/25/12 3:03 am - Charlotte, NC

If you've been missing your veggies and want to get it in along with your protein...TRY THIS!!! I made it and I LOVE it!!!  I am 8 weeks out tomorrow and I was concerned about the lack of veggies in my life.  I was asking a successful member of OH for some tips and she told me about this soup recipe that is on Elina_7's profile.  Chock full of veggies and also allows you to get your protein for minimal calories, and it goes down easy.  I can eat at least 4oz of it at a time.  Thanks Elina, again, for making it available on your profile.  This recipe may be old news to some but as I am still a newbie I thought I'd let other new ones know.

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/12 3:15 am
About 2.5 years ego, the winter when I was losing my weight, my husband came up with this recipe to help get me to goal.  He had a few goals in mind when putting this together.  He wanted something that would get some veggies into me, improve my protein count, keep the carbs low, and be low calorie at the same time.  He experimented in the kitchen until he came up with this soup.  I loved it and ate it almost everyday during that winter and into spring.  When I posted about it, many others made it and most of the OH VSG forum was eating my husband's soup.  :) 

It got so may hits, that when you would google Green Chicken Soup, you would get his recipe.  :)

I am glad you like it.  Did you try it with a tiny dallop of lite sour cream?  I loved it that way.
Stronger1
on 1/25/12 3:19 am - Charlotte, NC
Yes, I tried it last night with FF sour cream and added a little hot sauce.  Loved it! 
BTW, your husband's a keeper, sounds like!

judyk62
on 1/25/12 5:41 am - Santa Rosa, CA
This sounds great, but I must be missing something. Where do I find the recipe?

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

Stronger1
on 1/25/12 6:03 am - Charlotte, NC
http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/elina_7/blog/2010/01/26/green-chicken-soup/

Ms Shell
on 1/25/12 4:59 am - Hawthorne, CA
Sounds perfect for my lunches for next month.  Haven't made it in awhile!!

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Ms Shell
on 1/25/12 4:58 am - Hawthorne, CA
Thanks for the reminder I think that'll be my staple for February.  This month I've been don't salads and fish or chicken for lunch.  Next month this soup should be perfect.  Looks like it makes a good amount.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/12 5:06 am
Yes, it makes quite a bit, it last a good long time in the refrigerator and freezes well in small portions too.  Enjoy. 
Faye56
on 1/25/12 5:21 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with

Elina, this soup sounds wonderful and I want to make it tonight. How in the world do you go about counting the calories and carbs for Myfitnesspal??

Thanks for sharing!

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/12 6:14 am
There was a time when I calculated it all out based on the ingredients and then divided by the number of cups it made.  I don't remember all the numbers, but it was about 60 calories and most of them came from protein.  You could, I suppose, do the same thing and get the counts that way.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 77 views