I feel fat

ib40
on 1/27/12 9:25 am
I have lost 53 lbs. so far (I need to update my ticker). I fit into clothes that I haven't been able to wear in quite some time. But I still feel so fat and gross. I see how flabby I am and I feel icky. If I feel this way now, I wonder now just how horrible I looked on those days when I felt like I was having a good hair, or a good make-up, or a good dress day before the surgery.

I want my head to catch up with my body or maybe it's that I want my body to catch up with my head, I don't know.

Mom4Jazz
on 1/27/12 9:41 am
I hear you. I've just started in the last few weeks to get my head around my new body - it's saggy but firm at the same time (loose skin, lots of muscle) but all I could see was the saggy.

It's hard. Many of us struggle with this.

For some reason, side by side pictures helped me.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Lisa D.
on 1/27/12 9:47 am - New Orleans, LA
Looking at pre-op pics can be very alarming.  Even now I look down at myself and I see "fat" but if I see a new pic of myself I see normal.  Brains are very weird.  I know that I am not fat at 5' 5" and 134 lbs but somehow I still see it.  I know my head will catch up soon.  I think everyone goes through this at some point in this journey.
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

Valerie K.
on 1/27/12 10:32 am - Dearborn, MI
 I am 18 months out. People and even my knee doctor the other day told me I was so thin. My cloths are smaller yes I feel great but at the same time I do not see my self as thin. When I here that I say I am not thin. I wish my mind would catch up with my body.
My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 248 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 315 views