Anyone worried about the EGD???

KSqtpie
on 1/27/12 4:22 pm - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
I was. But it was a piece of cake!! The nurse who put my IV in was awesome. I didn't even feel the *****just a tiny burning sensation for a couple seconds. Then they rolled me back to the room and it was off to LaLa land. I don't remember even waking up and walking to the car, but I guess I did.

Only annoying thing is the soreness in the back of my throat. Feels like I am at the end of getting over a cold. Just a little raw feeling when I swallow, but that's it.

Well, that's one less hoop to jump through. Still crossing my fingers for insurance approval
Jaybee766
on 1/27/12 8:11 pm - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
Oh yeah - that was good sleep!!!! That's what I remember when I woke up.  Also, it was soooooo fast.  LOL

Good luck with the approval process!
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

plush
on 1/27/12 9:42 pm - Peekskill, NY
VSG on 02/04/12 with
On January 28, 2012 at 4:11 AM Pacific Time, Jaybee766 wrote:
Oh yeah - that was good sleep!!!! That's what I remember when I woke up.  Also, it was soooooo fast.  LOL

Good luck with the approval process!
LOL, that is exactly what I said to the doctor when I woke up. "That was the best 30 minutes of sleep that I ever had!"

BW: 279lbs  SW: 255lbs GW/MW: 160lbs
thill03
on 1/27/12 11:02 pm
I was super worried. More about being put to sleep since I had never been put to sleep before. Of course I had the place rolling in laughter when the first thing I said when I awoke was "no wonder Michael Jackson liked this stuff so much".
It was a breeze, I didn't even have a sore throat after. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone with my MJ comment either!
BethR311
on 1/28/12 4:33 am - Fort Wayne, IN
I had no clue what to expect. The last thing I remember is putting this plastic ring kind of thing in my mouth and the next thing I was walking out of the center! My roommate who picked me up swears that I chose some juice and was jabbering away and I have no memory of that whatsoever! Versed is the shiznit!

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 1/28/12 5:20 am
VSG on 10/09/12
My anesthesia didn't work so I was awake and present and watched on the screen... It was not a pleasure party but didn't hurt and was pretty quick... Quick enough to find my ulcer!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views