How much should we expect to lose per week?

TXRJean
on 1/29/12 9:30 am - TX
I was sleeved on 11/16 so that means that tomorrow I'll be about 10 weeks out from surgery. I've lost a total of 52 pounds, 37 since the surgery.

How much should I expect to lose per week? It seems slow but steady, which I'm really ok with but as the clock ticks I feel like I'm not maximizing my weight loss. Will the weight loss slow down even more as more time passes?

I go to the gym at least 3 times per week. I'm fitting comfortably in size 18 jeans and size 18/20 tops and even in some 14/16's.

I just remember hearing that you should expect like 3 pounds a week and that's not happening.

Overall I am VERY satisfied and happy that I had the procedure. Just wanting to lose more each week than I am.

Mom4Jazz
on 1/29/12 9:34 am
If you're 10 weeks out and have lost 37 pounds, you're averaging 3.7 pounds per week!

The amount lost per week varies by person and by week. Since I was at your stage I've lost as much as 4 pounds in a week (not very often) and as little as 0 pounds per week (I HATE stalls). On average I've been pretty close to 3 but I've had months where I averaged less than 2.

Everyone's body is different.

You can control what and how much you eat. You can control your liquids. You can control your exercise. You can't control the scale. Focus on the things you can control and the scale will show you the results. But not consistently every week at a certain pace.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

TXRJean
on 1/29/12 9:39 am - TX
YOU are an inspiration! You're doing great! I know what the average weight loss looks like but the first 2 weeks I had massive weight loss so it's slowed down a bit.

You're so right about focusing on what I can control! Thanks so much for your advice!

sleevegirl
on 1/29/12 9:48 am - Austin, TX
You're doing AWESOME. I keep a running tab weekly and monthly on my profile (click my name and scroll ALL the way down). Note: I started at quite a bit heavier than you so you can't really compare.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

buttercupnectar
on 1/29/12 10:50 am
I love your posts and you are so positive.  You are doing AMAZING!  I find you inspiring. 

sleevegirl
on 1/29/12 11:10 am - Austin, TX
Awww... thanks, you just made my night (and I needed, it, I was having one of those "must not kill my children" kind of nights). I think I positive most of the time, but I have my moments. We all do. It sucks, but well... we just do the best we can!

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

katier825
on 1/29/12 6:25 pm
You had your surgery exactly 1 year after me! My loss averaged 2 pounds/week overall. It took me 6.5 months to get to my goal weight of 140. Very soon after, I lost another 5. I've been very easily maintaining between 134-137 since June. You should do just fine as long as you stick to your program. One thing I did have a problem with was sodium. Maybe I always did, but was too heavy to notice. Certain foods will make me balloon right up...ham is one, some other deli foods too. I do eat them occasionally, I just have to be careful. Hang in there...soon you will be shopping for new smaller clothes!
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 202 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 286 views