Just dont see it

ladyshai27
on 1/31/12 9:24 am - SC
 Ok as of today I am 42 days out from surgery and I am down 39lbs. I am super excited but ythe problem is I just dont see it. I still look like the 249 lbs lady that went in on the operating table. Hope I can see a difference soon. Am I the only one who has this problem?
katier825
on 1/31/12 9:28 am
Awesome job losing 39 lbs! Take some pics! Usually it takes side by side photos to notice at the beginning. I bet your face/neck are thinner, probably your back/legs too. The belly seems to be the last to go (for women). I noticed first that my back wasn't as flabby...less overhanging the bra.
amidwife4u
on 1/31/12 9:29 am
You likely have body dysmophic disorder....which is common among those of us that have been heavy for awhile.  It is difficult to see the body changes even when others see them.  I have been getting my picture taken once a month, and the ladies at the office are pointing out how my body has changed in each picture but I couldn't see it.  Finally this month (4 months out), I see a thinner person, but even though people tell me I'm looking great, I sometimes still catch my reflection in a window or mirror and see the 220 lb woman I used to be.  Do your measurements, look at how your clothes are fitting, and look at that number on the scale and KNOW that you are making GREAT progress.  Your mind will take some time to catch up to your body.  Stay the course.  You will see it.....it just takes time.

HW 232 SW 218  WT when leaving hospital 219.5
happyteacher
on 1/31/12 9:31 am
 I have the exact same shape, just a slightly smaller version of it.  Where I can see it is in clothing- started at a busting at the seams 28 and now a 22 (slacks) fits nicely.  I even managed to button a pair of 20 tall and I truly thought that I would have to get down to 230 for that to happen!  (I am 272 so I was way off).  My face is slightly thinner, but overall the weigh tloss is not obvious.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

ladyshai27
on 1/31/12 9:38 am - SC
 Im gonna start taking pictures. Maybe it will help. Everybody sees it but I just dont. Im trying to stay focused because Im sure I will reach goal. Just staying positive.
Jackie00
on 1/31/12 10:00 am
Same issues other then I know my pants are baggy and in a smaller size. I don't know if I will ever see it and my mom tells me that I MUST see it, but I don't. I do feel better and lots are complimenting me on it but I really don't feel much different other then I can move better and without so much pain. I have always been camera shy and hate my pictures being taken but hey I hear that works but still I don't want these pictures of me being taken. I do have a few at my highest weight and maybe some day I will share them on here with a few friends but not sure yet.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

maacjt5
on 1/31/12 10:16 am - IL
I know what you are talking about! I think this way too! i had my surgery on Oct 3 and have lost 72 total but i look in mirror and still see a big person, I know my clothes are bigger and ppl tell me i have lost, but i still see myself as being big, I guess its because i have been pretty big all my adult years and its hard to believe i am not anymore! Working on it! :)

b_scene33
on 1/31/12 10:53 am - OH
Dont worry girl you will get there, it took me -86 lbs to see a differance and I swear somedays I feel like I'm back up there again. I dont know when you were sleeved, but I couldnt see big changes right away, i would loose weight then stall and see a huge difference when the sizes dropped! Keep us posted, I'm sure if you look @ a picture of you side by side and from b4 you will see a difference, I take pictures every month and compare them! Good luck!!!

♫♫♪♪♫Brie♫♫♪♪♫
*H:5'4" HW: 242 SW: 218.8 CW:142  GW:142*
Surgery Date 9/07/11

Valsdetermined2lose
on 1/31/12 12:00 pm
LOL, we are our biggest critics, i still tend to go to the plus sizes in the store for some reason. I still dont see myself as 167 pounds but i see me at 260 ! Thats crazy and i need to work on that. You'll start to see the difference soon .
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 315 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views