A Year Ago Today

wanttobehalfofme
on 1/31/12 11:52 am - MI
A year ago today is when I had my surgery. I have lost 66 1/2 lbs. Some people would say hhmmm that's a small amount but I had problems with my sleeve from the get go. Friday Igo in for another dilation. That makes three of them.Even after a year you can have a stricture. But this is all worth it. Now because of the weight lost has slowed down I am still trying and I am not going to give up. I feel so much better and have more energy. Right now I am very stressed out because my hubby had a horseback riding accident and has had rotator cuff surgery on his left shoulder and will soon have the same on the right. After his surgeries he requires care because he can't bathe himself or dress himself. We live on a farm so all the work is left to me. If I had to carry those extra pounds are around it would be harder for me. I also have to put wood in an outside furnace so I am also getting wt lifting with the logs. Any regrets? None what so ever even with the slow wt lost I would do it again. Sometimes though I wished I could eat more because the food taste so good but when I am buying a size smaller clothes it is worth it. The hubby is considering having wls surgery but right now he has a lot going on. I am just saying to those who are fussing over so little weight lost keep on trying to lose it is worth it. Some of the better benefits are, I am not on BP meds anymore or potassium meds. My C-pap is gone I don't need it anymore. I ride horseback and had to get a smaller saddle because the one I had was too big. After a year my labs are normal and don't need any at my 18 month check up. One crazy thing is when I weigh 283lbs my knees didn't hurt but now at 217 my knees hurt like hell. Go figure. I am addressing that problem Fri. So exercise is on hold right now and I can't get any sleep because of the throbbing knees. So that's my story and I would do it again in a heart beat.
dicastro1010
on 1/31/12 1:34 pm - Escondido, CA
Good for you! I love that you choose to focus on the positive and still see the surgery as a benefit, which it totally is!! My weight loss has really slowed down, but even though I have a long way to go, if it totally stopped here it would be worth it. It gave me the head start I needed and now it takes more effort, but I have more energy. That really stinks about your knees though! Hopefully they will have a solution to get you back to being able to excersize :) 
Hi I'm Diana! I'm 5'10 and hoping to get down to 165 :) Feel free to friend me! 

Happy966
on 1/31/12 9:09 pm

I am sorry your husband is having such a hard time.  Care-taking can be really stressful, on top of the extra work you have to take on.  Your story really inspires me and I *love* your positive attitude.  I know that my issues with food are life-long, so it's really silly for me to focus on how much I've lost how quickly, or whatever, because I know the only measure of success if maintaining a sane relationship with food, one day at a time.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 293 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views