it's never enough?

yankeeblue08
on 2/2/12 1:30 pm - Roseville, MI
hiya.  I  haven't been around the boards much lately...out living life and enjoying it.  something I couldn't do before.  but lately, I have been having issues with my brain thinking about weight loss and I wondered if anyone else deals with this and what do you tell yourself?  On one hand...I've never had one single problem with my sleeve, never gotten sick or vomited, or foamies, or had any complaints.  I have great restriction,  I only eat 4 ounces at a time usually.  no drinking and eating..   everything is fine.  I have lost 151 pounds.  great right?  then how come I still feel fat, and like a failure at this? it's been 18 months since my surgery, I feel like I should have lost more.   I excercise now...lots of walking, I watch what I eat, but the weight loss has slowed to a crawl.   it's back to eating salads and 800 caleries like pre op  in order to lose weight.   I dont  mind that, I am used to it and the surgery does help in that I can tolerate it and Im really not hungry much.  I just wonder if anyone else that has lots to lose, has these days of feeling like a failure when it comes to the overwhelming numbers we have to climb.    I should be happy with the 151lbs, right? and stop complaining, but I just dont feel that way at all.  Is my weight loss at a point that I am done? or just stalled out?  I waver between being proud of myself to being ashamed that Im still not thin.  why does the brain play these cruel tricks on us?  ok..Im done ranting..  thanks for listening. :)

"Don't tell God how big your mountain is.....tell your mountain how big your God is!"

24 lbs lost pre-op.     My name is Cheryl, and I'm a Sleever!     
100 lbs lost by five months.    
Officially half way to my goal at six months! yay!
RamblinR0se
on 2/2/12 1:56 pm
VSG on 02/13/12
I haven't had my surgery yet, I'll be having it next Friday, but ive done a lot ofnresearch and have spoken to many doctors, and for years have been reading people success stories. The advg bypass patient looses about 150lbs. Doctors originally claimed that sleeve patients loose a little less than bypass, but from my own research and in recently speaking with doctos it seems that sleeve patients loose about 150 pounds too. If you are 300 pounds and loose 150 pounds then youve lost half of yourself. That is a huge accomplishment younshould be proud of. Some bariatric patients dont even loose that much. You can improve youre weight loss by maybe eating more diaretic foods and working out a little more. But you should be proudnthat you did so well. Sometimes it helps to go to supportngroups tom talk aboutnyour accomishments with other people to make yourself feel little better about yourself. I am 315ish and have a goal of 180 because I know I will be much healthier then, anything past that is even better. But don't be too hard on youself for not loosing as much as you wanted. Good job you did excellent loosing 150 lbs!
My New Life
on 2/2/12 2:33 pm
You and I have about 3 months difference in our surgeries. I had mine on 5-10-10 yet I've only lost 117 pounds.  Look how you surpassed me~!! (YEAH~!!!)

I'm SERIOUSLY PROUD OF YOU~!!  I know that I have medication problems and other problems like I still can't walk without a walker (so I can't even.... exercise or I might fall and break my leg again). 

You'be done an AWESOME JOB~!!  

I'm very envious of you~!  Can you tell me what "I'm" ................doing wrong?

Please..please, please be VERY PROUF OF YOURSELF~!  

I salute you for your weight loss already..... 

If you would like to be weight "buddies" I'm game~! 

Maybe we can support each other...

Pkrplyr777
on 2/2/12 4:19 pm - CT
I heard it said on these boards quite often by the vets that when you reach a certain point in your weight loss you really have to buckle down and stick to a "weight loss" plan.

It sounds like you're at that point.

It's really the same old weight loss grind, calories in and calories out. 
I've got 20 lbs to go and I'm fighting for it like it's war!

The thing that makes it ok is that post-sleeve it's easier and when you do lose the weight it's way easier to keep it off. But you have to get there first. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Start with getting back on plan.
64 oz of water
60+ grams of protein
less than 40grams of carbs
600 - 800 calories a day
Cut out any empty calories

Do a liquid diet for a day or two to get it started then stick with it by logging your food.

You've come this far...you can go a little farther.

Best wishes
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
(deactivated member)
on 2/2/12 11:26 pm - CA
That is amazing weight loss!!! Congrats!!! And, it's awesome that you still have great restriction!!! You can still work your sleeve. :)
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views