Mourning food

Lace H.
on 2/3/12 2:45 pm - Kapolei, HI
VSG on 01/11/12

OH family - I need your advice.

I'm three weeks post op.  I'm at a stall.  Have only lost 22 lbs.  I'm doing everything right.

I'm having trouble with food.  NOTHING tastes right to me.  NOTHING.  I'm having a hard time enjoying eating at all now.  I hate this and feel so depressed.

Advice please!

prevsgcrys
on 2/3/12 2:54 pm - OH
I went thru the same thing. I am still feeling that way at times also. My diet is very boring but when you can only eat a few ounces it doesnt bother me. I had surgery 12/12/11 and following the plan and making protein my priority it has kept those cravings in check. This will get easier and I thought everyone that told me that was crazy..turned out they were right. Your learning to eat to live...not live to eat..
Best of Luck
hwag5149
on 2/3/12 3:39 pm
3 weeks post op and I had lost 24ish pounds and ended up losing 30 pounds the first month. Those are ridiculously good numbers. I was feeling like I had "only" lost too but trust me, it isn't "only," it's A LOT. What's really sad is since that' 24, I've only lost 16 pounds and now I'm 8 weeks out! It didn't just slow down dramatically, it is at a snail's pace now.

As for eating, I am head hungry sometimes but my food sucks so I can't stand eating anymore. Keep your food to where you don't like it and you will be better in the weight loss phase (my personal opinion).

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

Sally D.
on 2/3/12 3:59 pm
VSG on 03/14/12
ONLY 22 POUNDS. I WOULD BE CELEBRATING.... I'VE LOST 10 IN 2 MONTHS AND FEEL PROUD... REMEMBER THIS IS A GOING TO BE A  HARD JOURNEY BUT 22 POUNDS ... BE PROUD
Lace H.
on 2/3/12 4:12 pm - Kapolei, HI
VSG on 01/11/12
Thank you for your candidness. I guess I just feel stuck and depressed that everything I eat tastes nasty. I used to love food, that's what got me here. Now I'm afraid I'm going to be anorexic cause everything is so gross.
Thanks for the advice. I will celebrate my 22 lb weight loss

ruggie
on 2/4/12 2:41 am - Sacramento, CA
This can be really tough to work through.  It's a big change, but food isn't about maximizing your physical pleasure anymore - it's about making sure you're eating the medicine (food) you need to be healthy.  Like TripMom02's avatar, "don't treat yourself like a dog and reward yourself with food". I think this is one of the hardest parts of having surgery.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

btopping
on 2/3/12 8:30 pm - OH
I am at my 3 week stall now for 12 days and its killing me, as for food I have cravings for stuff I normally would not have touched. Try going way outside your normal food thoughts who knows what might be good now.
goingforit1
on 2/3/12 8:57 pm
VSG on 02/04/12 with
You are doing FABULOUS!!! Pre-surgery I bet 22 lbs in a month would be nearly impossible (at least it was for me!).....take this time out, while food is unappealing to you, to develop new habits, new hobbies...whatever you have to so that your focus can be entirely on other things and eating just because you need your nutrition.

I imagine that this phase won't last too long and eventually things will be more appealing,  By then, you will have developed new habits and tastes so that hopefully it will propel you through the rest of your weight loss journey. 

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU! I'm getting my surgery in a cpl hours! :)
Lace H.
on 2/4/12 4:27 pm - Kapolei, HI
VSG on 01/11/12
GOOD LUCK TO YOU.  please keep in touch!

CharTake2
on 2/3/12 8:59 pm - Olmsted Falls, OH
VSG on 01/16/12
I'm at 3 weeks on Monday and the stall hit me too. I am losing slow too. Before Surgery 213 and now 203. I gained a pound back yesterday. I got really constipated and had to take prune juice and milk of magnesia. Boy it was painful in my stomach. I thought I tore something inside. Ouch.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views