Sleeved 6 Feb and home

Aussie_in_India
on 2/9/12 10:57 pm - India
Feels like it has been a long week, but sleeved on Monday, home from hospital on Friday

All has gone smoothly, struggled a bit with the drain, and much happier when it was removed yesterday; some heart palpitations on Wednesday morning meant they kept me in an extra day to run some tests, but it settled down with some extra oxygen.

Released under the 'Cornell Protocol', so broth, sf jelly, protein shakes etc are in from today, following clear liquids in the hospital - down 4 pounds, although I don't feel it. Surgeon told me I would feel about 50% better each day, and he is pretty right so far. Hardest thing today was the drive home, 2 hours in erratic Indian traffic, over bumpy roads, so good to take it easy tonight - the two kids at home were thrilled to see us back, as 18 year old son has been balancing exams with helping mind the 6 year old, hats off to them both. Had my husband in the hospital with me the whole time, which is the norm here, which made things much easier.

Happy to be on this side
SouthernmostStar
on 2/9/12 11:11 pm
VSG on 01/25/12
Congratulations and welcome home.  You honestly will feel better a lot each day.  Make sure to not push yourself too much but get walking.  Also, sip sip sip.  You'll be happier sipping than trying to force too much liquid down at one time.

You're doing fine! 

Mary

Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Twinkle1011
on 2/10/12 12:29 am - MI
Glad to to hear your home! Hooray! YOU DID IT!!! Now it's just going to take a bit of time to heal.  Your doing awesome! Keep us all updated on your progress. I hope you breeze through the next 7 days. Take care of yourself, you have a family that needs you.

Twinkle
Rosemary1031
on 2/10/12 4:20 am - Chula Vista, CA
VSG on 02/06/12
Glad you're doing great! seems like all of us Feb 6th sleevers are just now coming out of the bushes (hospitals) and all doing great!

welcome to the loser's bench :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 165 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 441 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views