QUESTION!!!

Amber74
on 2/10/12 3:57 am - CA
 Hey y'all....I'm 5 months out now from my VSG and was wondering..... How many ounces you were able to tolerate now.  I find that I can eat almost 4 ounces....For example I had one of those little white corn tortillas with chicken and a little sour cream....I measured it at a little under 4 oz. and I ate it all.....I can also eat a whole 6 oz. greek yogurt easily, but that's not as heavy.....Is 4 oz. too much, too little....what do you think.

Happy966
on 2/10/12 4:12 am

I can eat 4 oz of cottage cheese or 2 to 2-1/2 ounces of dense protein with a little bit of veggies after that.  Soups and stews more like 6 oz, but depends on if it has meat in it.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

rhidunn
on 2/10/12 4:51 am - Annapolis, MD
I am 3 years out and couldnt eat a corn tortilla or chicken.  I can eat 6 oz of greek yogurt or about the same of soup (if it is blended), less if it is "chunky".  I dont think my restriction has changed at all in 3 years.  Do you journal your food intake?  I HIGHLY recommend doing so -- you can do it here or at a variety of sites.  I find it to be very helpful and still do it daily.  

I can eat 3 oz of cheescake but that doesnt mean its a good idea, right?  I also shoot for 100 grams of protein, less than 100 grams of carbs and about 1400 calories -- imposible to know  you are on track unless you journal it.

I wouldn't worry to much about how much you can tolerate at a sitting -- focus on what it is you are eating, make sure you are getting enough water (not right after you eat though) and you will do well.

jaded123
on 2/10/12 6:19 am - MD
Rhidunn,
    Just wanted to say hi to a fellow Annapolitan :)
    Do you attend a support group?  I had surgery at Bayview, but I have to work the night they have support group.  I'd love to find an Annapolis group!

HW: 310 /  Lost 15 on pre-op diet  /  SW: 295  /  CW: --- /  GW: 170-175

vocalcoach
on 2/10/12 9:45 am - MD
Hey there Annapolis people!!!  I live closer to Balimore but my son goes to school in Annapolis!  Good to see more Marylanders out there!!!

newme2011-2012
on 2/10/12 6:35 am
I can eat 3 oz. chicken and could probably eat 4oz. but I want some veggies with my protien.
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 466 views