Are you eating healthy?

Suzanne B.
on 2/18/12 2:20 pm - OR

Hi,

Are you eating healthy since you have had weight loss surgery?  I went out for breakfast this morning with my husband and friends.  I almost became ill while sitting there and watching these two men consume LARGE amounts of food and then added more food from a lady who could not eat all hers. 

I shared a small amount of my husbands breakfast.  My point is that I have learned in the last 3 ½ years that NO ONE needs large amounts of food to survive.  It is amazing how small amounts of food will nourish us and we will become much healthier.

Make a  point to pay attention to the quality and amount of foods you are eating.  Tonight for dinner my husband and I had a small amount of Halibut, we split a Sweet Potato, and we each had a fresh fruit salad with fresh pineapple, and some grapes with Vanilla Yogurt drizzled over it.  It was simple and I had small amounts.  It was also very healthy.  I never feel deprived, and I eat well. 

You deserve to eat well and healthy. Take time and plan your meals.  You family can eat all the same things you eat, but they may make the choice to eat larger amounts of food. Don't try to control them, the only person you can control is YOU. None of this would be possible if I would not have had weight loss surgery with Dr. Aceves.  This surgery has changed my entire life.....

I wish you great success with what you are doing.
Hugs,

Suzanne
Sleeved 10/21/2008
Lost 105 pounds

Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
happyteacher
on 2/18/12 10:09 pm
 Nice post   I cannot believe how much I used to eat compared to now.  I am just grateful that I am on the right path!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Suzanne B.
on 2/19/12 10:34 am - OR
On February 19, 2012 at 6:09 AM Pacific Time, happyteacher wrote:
 Nice post   I cannot believe how much I used to eat compared to now.  I am just grateful that I am on the right path!
Hi,

It does amaze me how much people eat.  And they just shovel it in.  Talk and eat and hardly chew.  I am like you, I am so grateful that they is my new way of life.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
ruggie
on 2/19/12 1:17 am - Sacramento, CA
Great post. 

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Suzanne B.
on 2/19/12 10:43 am - OR
On February 19, 2012 at 9:17 AM Pacific Time, ruggie wrote:
Great post. 
Hi,

Thanks, I try to post things that get someone's attention.  I want people to know that this is they way to live for the rest of their life.  We are all regular people who struggle with different things.  But, we do have a lot of things in common too.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
cutieinky
on 2/19/12 1:28 am
VSG on 02/27/09 with
I had my surgery in January of 2009. I have really picked up some bad habits and am surprised how much I can eat now....nothing like before the surgery, but lots more than I could throughout the first year after surgery....I am working on getting back on track. The surgery is not a solution by it self...you still have to be very conscious about what you put into your body.
Suzanne B.
on 2/19/12 10:40 am - OR
On February 19, 2012 at 9:28 AM Pacific Time, cutieinky wrote:
I had my surgery in January of 2009. I have really picked up some bad habits and am surprised how much I can eat now....nothing like before the surgery, but lots more than I could throughout the first year after surgery....I am working on getting back on track. The surgery is not a solution by it self...you still have to be very conscious about what you put into your body.
Hi

I hear you, but you have to just do it one day at a time.  Don't beat yourself up over a bad day and just get up and do better the next day.  Get rid of the things you shouldn't be eating--if they are not in your house then you can't eat them. 

You know how to do, this lifestyle change, so get back to it. 

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views