Lent

ib40
on 2/19/12 1:10 pm
I'm considering giving up flour and sweets for Lent. Yes, I've had VSG and I shouldn't be eating those things anyway. But I find I've been picking a litle here and there and snacking when I shouldn't be. So I'm going to give it up to force myself to stay away from it.

Interestingly, I never gave up food items for Lent before, probably because I knew I could never keep my promise of self-sacrifice if I did. Instead, I gave up television, video games, reading for pleasure, etc.--other things that I really enjoyed as well.

What are you giving up for Lent?

DonnaK12
on 2/19/12 1:14 pm - Brooklin, Canada
RNY on 04/25/12
What is Lent?

ib40
on 2/19/12 1:35 pm
Lent is the time on the Christian calendar from Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday. Many Christian faiths traditionally give up something near and dear to them that is a luxury during the Lentin season. Not all Christian churches follow this custom, however.

Christine_TX
on 2/19/12 11:22 pm - TX
VSG on 05/23/12
I always give up a food related item for lent, and always do really good but man come Easter all bets were off...
Not this year I'm gonna stick with this until surgery and after, I'm giving up all fried foods, and soda.
I'm also going to make a better effort to go to church every Sunday
perfectlayde
on 2/20/12 2:01 am
I'm giving up Crystal Light and fried foods for Lent.  Crystal Light may not seem like a big thing, but I am literally dependant on this item since I no longer do any carbonated beverages.  I don't do a lot of fried foods now, but I need to try to get off of them completely so Lent is a great place to start :-)
HW- 357 | SW - 346.2 | CW - 244.0 | GW - 175

Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death!          
Carlen T.
on 2/20/12 3:40 am - Fort Wayne, IN
You don't have to give anything up for Lent, you can also take something on for Lent. In my case, I am taking on morning prayer and meditation. And, a more diligent effort to exercise (walking) in the morning. These two things combined will hopefully become not only a Lenten habit, but then a life long habit started at Lent.

God Bless.

Carlen T        

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 245 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 313 views