Can't remember being obese very well....

Jenny C.
on 2/22/12 4:39 am
I am someone who can’t remember previous states of being very well.  If I return to towns I lived in more than a couple of years ago, I don’t remember how to get around.  Now I’m finding that I can’t remember very well what it was like to carry around 93 more pounds.  There have been times when I felt like I don’t feel THAT different, and yes, there is a little bit of feeling of let-down when that happens.   There are those things, though, that do strike me as being REALLY different. And I mean IT’S-A-MIRACLE different.  Today, that was wearing a dress and tights at work, and walking across the street to get coffee.  My legs don’t touch when I walk, not even a little bit.  In the past, I had to wear tights or I’d get rubbing irritation on my legs.  Sometimes, the tights would get sweaty (sorry for the TMI) and then the irritation would be really bad.  Today, I noticed on every step how wonderful it felt, and I’m thinking: come on Summer!  Dresses without tights, here I come!   Yay Sleeve!!!!!!!!!!

Vrtualfire
on 2/22/12 4:41 am - MN
VSG on 01/13/12
So inspiring! It is posts like this that keep me going.  I am having some buyer's remorse at only 5 weeks out, but reading this board just always perks me up. Thank you! 

Jenny C.
on 2/22/12 4:52 am
Yes, I went through periods of buyer's remorse early out., when you're doing the work but don't get the benefit yet.  You will get to a point where that's no longer true--you'll still do the work, but you'll get all the benefits!  Thinner you!  Reduced pain!  More energy! Cute clothes!  Developing a friendship with photos and mirrors!  Wishing you awesome success! Jenny

honeyrider11
on 2/22/12 5:32 am - Fairfax, VA
VSG on 03/06/12 with
This is so inspiring. Can't wait to get there.
bbearsmama
on 2/22/12 8:47 am
RNY on 02/28/13
Wow! That would be a GREAT feeling to not have my thighs rub together!!

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

hwag5149
on 2/22/12 8:58 am
I guess I can understand not knowing the difference in 93 pounds because I've lost 60 and it feels almost exactly the same to me...  I could never imagine my legs not touching though! I notice it allll the time! But anyway, even though this is the beginning of my journey, I know that no matter how small I get, there is no way to ever forget how it feels to be almost 400 pounds. If I ever lose all 230 pounds of this excess weight I think I want to remember what it feels like forever so that I will never let myself get there again and so that I will have compassion for those who struggle with weight and not forget where I came from.

Do you wish you remembered or are you glad you forgot?

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

Jenny C.
on 2/22/12 10:32 pm
 I wish I remembered.  I would like to be able to switch back to that body for a day so that I could truly make the comparison.  When it's gradual--and you have as bad a memory as I do--it's easy NOT to remember.  I think everything would feel like a miracle if I could do my switchy thing.  Good luck, wishing you strength & health & success.  Jenny

Mermaid7
on 2/22/12 11:26 am
I was thinking that the other day.  Sometimes I almost take my better health for granted.  I don't think it is wise for me to do that because I still don't feel good in front of a mirror..
You have had such good success and are inspirational.  Did you stay with 800 calories a day?  What is your regimen now?
Thanks!

Jenny C.
on 2/22/12 10:35 pm
 I'm not a calorie counter, but I am focused on getting good nutrition (protein, vegetables, vitamins, water, very little non-nutritious food) and exercising a lot.  I would guess that I'm getting about 1200-1500 calories a day, and I'm losing very very slowly now--actually would be happy to stop.

Jenny C.
on 2/22/12 10:36 pm
 Oops, and I meant to say also that it's easy to take the better health for granted--this is our reality now!  That's why I'm sad that I can't remember so well.  Good luck!  You're doing so well!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 290 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 342 views