Feb 22nd sleevers!

Jenny C.
on 3/3/12 8:11 am
 I was behind a car with the license plate "222 VSG."  I just thought it would be cool if I could have a license plate that said 428 VSG!  And I thought about how many of us there are now--a new "crop" most every day.  Yay for the Feb 22nd folks, and all the rest of us, too!

LISA C.
on 3/3/12 11:39 am - NJ
VSG on 02/22/12
Just had to chime in since I'm a 2/22 VSG gal! 

Was very rough that first week but things are better now and I'm down 14 pounds.

Jenny C.
on 3/3/12 11:35 pm
So glad things are feeling better.  Wishing you amazing success--which shouldn't take long at your starting weight!  Congrats!

Sweetitalian1
on 3/3/12 11:39 pm - CA
Hey there my VSG twin.  I hope you are doing well.

There are more of out there than we think. I work at Stanford Hospital and it was one of those rare days that I did not bring my lunch so i go to the cafeteria, full well knowing that this is going to be a challenge to find vsg approved type food.  delighted to see that it taco salad day. I ask for 5 chips a little meat, some cheese and of course sour cream and guacamole. Now my portion size was about 1/4 the size of the normal person and yet I had to pay the same price.

I ask in line for a discount while trying to discreetly explain my wls sx and the lady on the other side also checking out pipes that she too has WLS.  We both started to giggle and walked out discussing our sx types and wl. She was 7 yrs out from gastric and lost 130 lbs.

This later led me to email the manager asking for a discount on some of the meals for wls patient.

Jenny C.
on 3/4/12 8:53 am
Yes!  Twins!  

When I buy salad bar from my hospital cafeteria, it usually costs under $2.  One time nothing registered on the scale over the tare for the to-go container.  Too funny!  I do have them modify the set meals, but I hadn't thought of asking for a discount.  I get close to normal serving sizes and just get 3 meals out of it.

You look amazing.  Running more races??  I rode the Chily Hilly Bicycle Classic last Sunday...and then repeated the course today.  33 miles & 3000 feet of elevation gain.  I feel so strong, and that makes me as happy as being normal weight does.

Take care!
Jenny

bethy30
on 3/3/12 11:40 pm - Canada
I was a feb 28/12, and I'm down 150 lbs and 92 inches :)
  HW 310lbs, SW 276, CW 160 and holding

Jenny C.
on 3/4/12 8:54 am
 WOW!!!!!  You are inspiring!!  Happy anniversary and congratulations on such fantastic success.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 288 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 340 views