Problems eating

Suzanne B.
on 3/5/12 1:21 pm - OR
Hi,

There are so many different stages of eating. Before you have WLS "sleeve" you can't imagine what it will be like--you question if it will work for you.  The 1st month is quite an adjustment.  For most of you, your 1st month after surgery is the hardest month you will ever have to do. For me it was a real learning period.  I had to learn to wrap my mind around not eating very little amounts of food.  This is were "head games or head hunger" comes into play.  My head was telling me that  I should be eating more and in fact, I didn't need to eat at all like I did before I had weight loss surgery. In the 2nd month you will learn to take tiny, tiny bites and chew and chew and chew before you swallow.  You need to learn to eat your protein for me Dr. Aceves said 70 grams per day. Then some fresh veggies and some fruit.  I kept my calories about 800 per day with no more than 25 carbs per day.

I find now 3 1/2 years later, that I can maintain my weight loss.  I now have a lifestyle of eating healthy 99% of the time and I still need to do some kind of exercise.  But I have learned that exercise really is good for me and I feel so much better when I do it.  You just have to learn to MAKE time for yourself and put yourself FIRST when it comes to what ever your choice is for exercise.  

Not too long ago I gained about 10 pounds, so I went back to keeping track of what I was eating by keeping track of everything I was putting in my mouth.  What I learned is that I was eating some wrong things because we were eating out more.  We are in the middle of doing some remodeling in our house so my husband was being sweet and taking me out to eat more.  You can go out and eat, jus****ch the amount of carbs you are eating and what kind of carbs you are eating.

I am so glad that I had WLS and it has saved my life.  If you are considering this, I want you to know that it will work for you too.  I did lose the 10 pounds that I gained. It took me about 3 weeks to lose it.  I have all the skills and know what to do and how to lose it and maintain the weight loss also.

If you have any questions or need some help, I am here to help you.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Everchanging
on 3/5/12 4:11 pm - NY
VSG on 03/13/12
Wow thats awesome,You done really well.Keep up the amazing work that you are doing.
Suzanne B.
on 3/6/12 9:48 am - OR
On March 6, 2012 at 12:11 AM Pacific Time, Everchanging wrote:
Wow thats awesome,You done really well.Keep up the amazing work that you are doing.
Hi,

Thanks for your kind words.  I just wanted people to know that what you eat and how you eat will be a life long thing.  WLS is fabulous, but it will always require me to be just as much a part of what I am doing now as it did the day I started it.  You will love your new image and how much better you will feel.  I wish you great success in your journey too.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Trob1977
on 3/5/12 6:59 pm - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 04/03/12
 Great post!!!!  Congratulations on your success!
Suzanne B.
on 3/6/12 9:50 am - OR
On March 6, 2012 at 2:59 AM Pacific Time, Trob1977 wrote:
 Great post!!!!  Congratulations on your success!
Hi,

Thanks, we ALL can be successful.  I could have stopped posting when I reached my goal.  But, I wanted people to know that this is something that we can all attain.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
rhearob
on 3/5/12 9:43 pm - TN
 Thanks for posting.  It helps to hear success stories and real life siituations.

Congratulations and Best Wishes for continued happiness.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Suzanne B.
on 3/6/12 9:55 am - OR
On March 6, 2012 at 5:43 AM Pacific Time, rhearob wrote:
 Thanks for posting.  It helps to hear success stories and real life siituations.

Congratulations and Best Wishes for continued happiness.
Hi,

Awww thanks.  I remember the first time I posted something about how much I loved Dr. Aceves for being the kind of surgeon he is and thankful I went to him.  And someone asked me if I was a "real" person and did I really have WLS.  They thought I was being paid to say these things.  They were sooooooooooooo off base because I am about as real as you get.  I wanted people to know and feel that there are people out here to help and support you along the way.

I had some spectacular ladies and gentlemen who were fantastic support to me along my journey,  You have done some amazing things so far with your weight loss.  Congratulations to you and never look back, just keep doing what you are doing.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
(deactivated member)
on 3/5/12 11:11 pm - GA
Congrats and thanks for posting, it is so motivating to hear you can maintain weight loss.  I worry once i reach goal weight, i wont be able to maintain. it is so reassuring many do.

Jean
Suzanne B.
on 3/6/12 9:57 am - OR
On March 6, 2012 at 7:11 AM Pacific Time, jean126 wrote:
Congrats and thanks for posting, it is so motivating to hear you can maintain weight loss.  I worry once i reach goal weight, i wont be able to maintain. it is so reassuring many do.

Jean
Hi Jean,

You bet you can.  It is just doing what you are doing now.  It will require you to eat healthy--do some exercise if you are doing some now.  I never feel deprived when it comes to eating.  That is the best part.  I know what it takes and that is how I live my life.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views