"Last Supper"

mjtierra
on 3/7/12 12:29 am - CA
VSG on 03/08/12
So in 24 hours I will be sleeved!! I am so happy that I have made this decision and can't wait to get started. I was talking with my co-workers this morning as they know today I am on a full liquid diet today and they were asking what my "Last Supper" was last night. I said that right, hmmm what did I have? Well I have been so tired mentally working extra hours training my boss on my job. So by the time I went home, it was 4:30 and I just made myself a 2 egg burrito with a little cheese and salsa. I also had 3 girl scout cookies and I was good for the night. Kinda wished I would've went to Taco Tuesday to make it a littel epic, but oh well, no worries. I'm more excited about tomorrow than my "Last Supper".

I have arranged to have my house cleaned while I am in the hospital so I can come back to a freshly clean smell and move forward with my "New Life"..

I will keep you updated on how my surgery went and going forward with any questions I may have..

felicity2u
on 3/7/12 12:43 am - LA
Trust me, unfortunately, at a year out I can eat any and everything.  There hasn't been a food that my new tummy has not liked, not that I eat this food all the time but every now and then like for my birthday I had a small piece of cake and I have splurged on a cookie or two or some popcorn at the movies.  You dont' have to worry about never being able to enjoy the foods you love but now you have the mindset to control how much you eat and letting yourself splurge every now and then but then getting right back on to plan.  I finally feel control of my life and the things that I eat.  You will love your sleeve!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

mjtierra
on 3/7/12 1:02 am - CA
VSG on 03/08/12
Thanks for the support

Faye56
on 3/7/12 1:34 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with

Congratulations!! I will say a prayer that your surgery goes well and that you have a very fast recovery!!  This will change your life!! Yay...

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

momsy55
on 3/7/12 1:36 am - ME
Best of luck to you tomorrow!!!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

mjtierra
on 3/7/12 2:36 am - CA
VSG on 03/08/12
Thank you all so much. I'm very happy today.. and I know I will go through challenges in the upcoming days, gas pain, getting protein in, etc., etc... But I ready for it!

asweetiepye
on 3/7/12 3:14 am
GL to you! I wish you the best of luck on starting this new sleeved journey!

Andrea- HT- 5' 7" HW-286 SW-265  CW-153.6
fran67
on 3/7/12 3:51 am - NJ
VSG on 03/08/12
Tomorrow is the day for me too. And I also had some girl scout cookies yesterday. Good luck to you!

4' 11" HW 218 SW 214 Original Goal of 125 in 8.5 mos Lowest Weight 119 CW 133 Trying to get back in the 122-128 range 

Linda B.
on 3/7/12 9:39 am, edited 3/7/12 9:43 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
Best wishes and prayers for the surgeons steady hands and a quick recovery. I checked out your profile and saw that you are with Kaiser too. I start the options program tomorrow night. I have to drive an hour each way, but in the end, it will be worth it when I can ask you and the others to make room for me on the bench. My DH had a VSG in December, and if he were here instead of at school tonight, he would say sip sip, walk, walk, and more walking
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 110 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 335 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 385 views