I'm sleeved and home!

Sara M.
on 3/8/12 12:30 am - CA
VSG on 03/06/12
I expected to be in so much more pain in my abdominal area, but I am just so damn achy everywhere else.  I am getting up every two hours to at least go to the bathroom, but there isn't a comfortable spot in my house to sleep :)

The pain meds knock me completely on my rear, so I'm taking about 1/4-1/3 every few hours as I alternate water and gatorade.  The doc said to expect to feel not so great for 2-3 days.

I really cannot tolerate drinking much so I am a bit worried about getting what I need in me when I transition tomorrow.

I bet the allover achiness in the back is due to the gas as well as the horrible positioning as I sleep, but I wonder if anyone else had this.

Thanks!

Consult: 270   Surgery: 256   1 Month: 237    2 Mos: 223   3 Mos: 208    4 Mos: 198
5 Mos: 188    6 Mos:178     7 Mos: 169
Kevin H.
on 3/8/12 12:35 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 welcome home and wishing you the best!

(deactivated member)
on 3/8/12 12:35 am - dubai, United Arab Emirates
 welcome back.
i really cant give you any advice cuz i still dint have my surgery .

but hope u get well soon :)
Jaybee766
on 3/8/12 1:04 am - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
Yeah!  Welcome home! 
I'm 10 days out and can say that each and every day you feel incredibly better.  I thought I felt good last wee****il I woke up this week and could sit up without pain.  I think everyone is different (not what you want to hear) but I can tell you that my gas pain was way up around my clavicle and I thought that was really wierd.  I just saw my doctor today for my 1st post op visit and was told not to worry.  I was able to get my liquids in by the 3rd or 4th day and since then it's been no problem as long as I remember to always have a cup with me.  It's remarkable how the body gets to work healing!  Hang in there!  You'll feel better soon.
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

hoping2lose
on 3/8/12 2:17 am
VSG on 03/06/12
Congratulations! I got sleeved on the 6th too.
have you tried the chewable gax-x (disolvable strips)?
they really help with the gas. also, ALOT of walking.
few more days and you will be feeling good. hang in there!
MelissaMommyto5
on 3/8/12 2:42 am
VSG on 02/16/12
YAY! Welcome home! Sorry you can't find a comfortable spot to sleep. I was able to sleep in my bed on my back & a big pillow under my knees to relieve the lower back pressure - it worked.  I'm typically a side sleeper & I couldn't do that for several days without significant pain but it was all back to mostly-normal quickly.  I still fill some pulling in the muscles as I toss around in bed, but it's not pain-med worthy (I'm 3-wks out today).  I'd heard lots of recommendations on the gas-x strips, so I bought some but I haven't even opened the box yet.  The drinking will get better & better.  I'm actually concerned that I might be able to drink too much at a time...I'm back to almost-normal swallows & it doesn't hurt.  I don't want to hurt anything, but taking tiny sips sucks for me...I'd never get in my required liquids!  Good luck & welcome to the loser's bench!

Lorenza925
on 3/8/12 4:24 am - CA
VSG on 03/06/12
Was sleeved on the 6th too! I am at home and feel the same way too, really hard to get my fluids in but trying... Hange in there and lets keep each other posted.
Hoping you (we) have a speedy recovery.

Lorenza

happymom80
on 3/8/12 6:45 am - MO
VSG on 03/05/12
I was sleeved on the 5th...I feel the same way. But I think it's better today than it was yesterday...and if everything follows suit, tomorrow will be better than today! :-) Congrats!

HW: 350+ (I didn't look after that)  SW: 328  

Teamdx5
on 3/8/12 10:08 am
 I was sleeved on the 6 th. I feel ok. Just drowsy from the pain meds. I tried to go without and then I started to feel real miserable. The pain medication makes me gag and nauseous. I feel much better after I finally get it down though. I'm having a hard time getting all my liquids in. It's painful in my chest area when I drink. Anyone else?  Also, since Im sleeping so much with the pain meds, It doesn't leave much time for drinking. I've probably gotten in 17 oz. so foa today. What do you guys think? I don't want to end up back in the hospital.
Sara M.
on 3/8/12 5:53 pm - CA
VSG on 03/06/12
Thanks for the advice and cencouragement!

I have been watching my urine output, making sure that it is still light in color to make sure that I am getting in enough fluids.

I also tried out the gas-x strips, but I haven't really noticed anything remarkable.

Also, I practically make it double in the amount of sleep last night from 2-4 hours in one stretch!

Consult: 270   Surgery: 256   1 Month: 237    2 Mos: 223   3 Mos: 208    4 Mos: 198
5 Mos: 188    6 Mos:178     7 Mos: 169
Most Active