Bad bad me.

seekingslimness
on 3/10/12 8:44 am
VSG on 02/24/12
 I went out to dinner and ate way too much. I am two weeks and 1 day out and I ate three crab Rangoon just the middle, half a cup of soup, 1 and 1/2 oz chicken and about the same amount of noodles oh and half my fortune cookie. I don't feel too bad physically just sluggish from all the carbs. Oh and I sipped water all through my meal. What was I thinking and why did I let myself do that? I feel ashamed. How was I even able to eat all that? I am so mad at myself.
   NIKKI

novascotiadawn
on 3/10/12 8:49 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Shakes head!!!...Sorry

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

Jasonm11
on 3/10/12 9:09 am

I'm not sure what to say to you here.  Looks like you acknowledge and recognize that this was wrong.  I just want to stress how potentially dangerous this was.  Your stomach is not ready for that at all. 

As for sipping water while eating, that is likely why you could do that, though, with me, at two weeks, I would have puked if I got even a tiny portion of that down and water wouldn't have done anything to help.

Simply put, don't do this again.  You risk major health problems and while not trying to lecture, it will lead to long term failure with weight loss.  I wish you the best of luck and being a year out, know exactly how difficult this process is.  First and best advice I can give you is never drink with meals and avoid noodles altogether for a long time.  3 months at the very least. 

HW(2-19-11) - 375    SW(3-9-11) - 362.5    CW - 204    GW - 220
Reached 100 pounds lost from highest weight at 3.5 months post-op!!!
Reached 100 pounds lost since surgery weight at 4.75 months post-op!!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/10/12 9:41 am
Sorry..... not getting any sympathy from me.

Clearly you know what you did was wrong, BUT DO YOU GET HOW F'ING DANGEROUS IT WAS??? Leak, popped staple line, self sabotage, weight loss failure, etc....

Knock it off, get back on track and do what you're supposed to do. 'Nuf said?

New_me2011
on 3/10/12 10:35 am - NY
VSG on 02/14/12
On March 10, 2012 at 5:41 PM Pacific Time, kairk wrote:

Clearly you know what you did was wrong, BUT DO YOU GET HOW F'ING DANGEROUS IT WAS??? Leak, popped staple line, self sabotage, weight loss failure, etc....

****LIKE****

Michele            

New_me2011
on 3/10/12 10:36 am - NY
VSG on 02/14/12
On March 10, 2012 at 5:41 PM Pacific Time, kairk wrote:

LIKE**** 

Michele            

loser2be
on 3/10/12 9:51 am - CA
VSG on 03/02/12
^^^LIKE^^^

Jill

J.Lo 74
on 3/10/12 9:56 am
As someone who went through a leak (not caused by overeating) I can't imagine what you were thinking.  I hope you learned from this and will use better judgement next time.
tall_not_venti
on 3/10/12 10:10 am
VSG on 02/23/12
Whoa baby, I had surgery the day before you, and still on full liquids only. Maybe going to Chinese was to big of a temptation for early out?
kam0520
on 3/10/12 10:53 am - AL
I don't see how you did that.  Other than the water pushed it through.  We were only on 'full liquids' at 2 weeks.  No noodles no chicken. The fortune cookie especially was dangerous because it's rough.  

Don't go out to eat until you're at least to the point where you can have most things except bread and raw veggies.  My husband and I are 40 days out today and went "out" for the first time today.  We didn't eat in, only got take out, because the temptation of over eating and drinking while eating would still be too great.  

PLEASE be careful.  I'm not going to *yell* at you like everyone else, but you really have to ask yourself was this worth it?  You know what got you to this place, to going to this extreme, are some noodles and such really worth ******g it away?  To me, this was a very extreme thing, to have surgery to fix an eating problem, and it f-ing hurt, am I going to throw all that away on food?  NO.  

Eat to Live, not Live to eat. 

GOOD LUCK and PLEASE be careful!
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views