Really?

ChristiS1985
on 3/14/12 3:13 am - TN
So now that I have finally gotten BCBS to approve my surgery I cant get my doctors office to call me back. When the insurance company called to let me know that I was approved they said my surgeon has submitted my surgery date as 04/02/12. But ive been trying to get them to confirm that but first time they said they hadnt recieved confirmation from BCBS and I called back again and they said the scheduler would have to call me back that she was with patients. Im extremely happy and thankful that all this is coming together but at the same time I work and my mother and sister who will be taking care of me after surgery both live 4 hours away and we ALL have to put in for time off at work. Thats only 3 weeks away. Ugh! Im trying to be patient but this whole journey has just been stressful.
krmacek
on 3/14/12 4:04 am - TX
I so know how you feel. I have a tentative date set for April 19, 2012. My Insurance has not said if they are going to approve the surgery yet. I have done 12 months of physician diet and exercise plan and now I'm just waiting. This is sooo frustrating.
tscasto
on 3/14/12 4:24 am - Urbandale, IA
VSG on 03/22/12
I completely understand. I'm scheduled for March 22nd & actually have a goal posted to get to surgery w/o anymore complications. I have had paperwork lost, forgotten, submitted to wrong place & then when I scheduled surgery the 1st time they messed up the OR schedule & I had to reschedule.  Then trying to get schedules together with other people, it just becomes very frustrating. I keep reminding myself, I can only control what I do & I can't hurry anything anyone else does or change it. Patience is a virtue i apparently need to work on & this has been the HARDEST lesson in that so far. 
Like Jimmy Buffett says, "breathe in, breathe out, move on".  Try to just breathe & explain this to your family & see what they can do with their work as far as flexibility to schedule PTO.
I'm sorry you're experiencing this & hope it all smoothes out soon.
Tenille 

HW-248.8   SW-233.4  1M-216.2   4M- 188.6
Most Active