Started Pre-Op Liquid Diet Today

Stayce
on 3/14/12 3:03 am
VSG on 03/28/12
Hi All! I started my two week pre-op liquid diet today. I am two weeks out from surgery, I can not believe that my surgery date is almost here.

Wondering what you all have found that you like on the liquid diet, I want as much variety as possible so that I do not get tired of the samething for the next two weeks.
Regina T.
on 3/14/12 3:24 am - Snohomish, WA
VSG on 03/19/12
Hi there,
I'm less than a week away from surgery and working on my preop diet as well. My surgeon's diet is protein shakes, then 300-400 cal dinner like lean cuisine, weigh****chers etc. No more than 900 cals a day. I usually have a ready made 30 gram protein shake for breakfast....Premier makes a great tasting 160 cal one--Costco and Sam's club have them. Then I either have a Fage 0% Greek yogurt with fruit. (130 cals) or a can of tuna wo mayo, then a lean cuisine fr dinner. So far I have lost 27 lbs, but I started about 3 1/2 weeks before my surgery date. I was hungry for a week of that, along with a headache that lasted just as ling as I withdrew from sugar/carbs, but I kept my eye on the goal, and that was to have a successful surgery.
You'll find your power! Don't be afraid to experiment with foods and read those labels! Myfitnesspal.com has a great tracking tool that makes all the counting so easy. Good luck!

Regina.  Ready to live again.

Stayce
on 3/15/12 9:37 am
VSG on 03/28/12
It's hard to just have "liquid". I wish that I could have something like a lean cuisine, but unfortunately I can't. As of right now I have a protein shake for breakfast and usually another throughout the day as well. I've been chewing sugar free gum too, it helps. I found a light yogurt that is drinkable and is pretty good. I am allergic to caramel coloring so I really have to read labels on all products. I had some tomato bisque campbells soup tonight for dinner. I strained it and it was good, I may make this a staple. I really don't want to live off of just broth for the next two weeks!

I eliminated all sugars and caffiene over a month ago, I am glad that I did because it would probably be harder than it is now!

I just keep thinking that I can do this!

I'll have to check out myfitnesspal!

Good luck to you too!
 Life is not an emergency, live one day at a time.        
Emberbreeze
on 3/14/12 11:01 am
VSG on 04/04/12
 I'm starting my 2 week liquid diet next Wednesday. I am so nervous that I won't be able to do it, but I am going to try my hardest to stick to it the whole time.  Good luck with your 2 week diet!

HW (306)  SW (294.5) CW (193)

Stayce
on 3/15/12 9:39 am
VSG on 03/28/12
Next Wednesday is my Birthday! Don't be nervous, you can do it! I think the hardest thing for me right now is that I am starting to get anxious about the surgery. I'm ready to get it done and move on to the next step :)
 Life is not an emergency, live one day at a time.        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 66 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 252 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 319 views