Two year surgiversary

bxbeba
on 3/16/12 1:35 am - NY

I can't belive that it was two years ago today that I made best decision of my life.  Having been overweight my entire life I never knew what it was like to be able to go into a regular store or into departments that were not labled "chubbie", "big girls", or "women sizes".  Now to be able to go into any store I wish and buy off the rack is still mind blowing to me.
I did not do this surgery (had the vsg) in order to go shopping, I did it because my body was slowly falling apart.  I have arthritis in both knees, my lower back, had high blood pressure and just the normal wear and tear of carrying over 100 lbs of extra fat with me daily. 
I started this journey at 267 lbs (morning of my surgery) I now weigh as of this morning 153 lbs my goal was 150 lbs which I had gone down as far as 148 lbs have gained a few but feel comfortable where I am right now.  Would I like to lose a few more pounds?  Of course I would, and I will just need to get my head back into this program. 
It is a lot harder now that I am able to eat more, but I keep myself in check.  I do weigh myself every morning, some don't I do that's how I know where I am and keep tabs on what I am eating.  As I tell myself (yes I do talk to myself) if I don't buy it I won't eat it.  I do get nervous reading about how many people have gained their weight back, and I have promised myself that I will not become another statistic.  For the first time in my life I feel comfortable in my own skin!  I sometimes do act like I am still overweight.  For example:  on the subways here in NYC if I see a seat on the subway I still won't try to sit in it even though I know that I can now but I would never had tried that when I was overweight.  But, that's a head thing which I am still working on.
Other than that I am very very happy I did this surgery, just sorry I didn't do it before.
My stats right now:  starting weight 267 current weight 153.  Previous size:  pants 22/current 8 tops: 2X/current med or small
I love love my sleeve!! 

Shagdoll
on 3/16/12 1:44 am
Congratulations on your weight loss success! I'm sure you are very proud of your accomplishments.
(deactivated member)
on 3/16/12 1:54 am - dubai, United Arab Emirates
 congratulation , your post is very motivating.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views