9 days out..not losing???

Starfish40
on 3/18/12 3:48 am
VSG on 03/06/12 with
 Part of it is that your body is also trying to figure out what is going on since it is not getting all the calories it used to, so it is storing what it has...sneaky sneaky! I weighed myself after the first week and had only lost 2 lbs. but I didn't worry, I figured I was also still retaining water despite the fact that I was doing the 64 ozs. I didn't see that scale move until I started mushies which was this week. I guess my body finally figured out I wasn't going to starve it, we were just being conservative.  So there are numerous factors for the scale not moving so early on.  Just don't worry, relax, and follow your plan.  You will be pleasantly surprised as you move through the different stages of food.  Good Luck and hang in there! 

HW: 333, SW : 300 CW: 275. GW; 150

acochr2
on 3/18/12 3:50 am
 that makes me feel much better..although i don't start mushies for another 2-3 weeks but what you said makes sense!!! 
NanfromSan
on 3/18/12 4:12 am
VSG on 12/09/14
Make sure you tell your doctor about the cloudy urine.  Because cloudy could be a sign of infection.

Start weight:  252 pounds 

High weight:  268 pounds

newfie02_11
on 3/18/12 5:56 am - Canada
 I will be 3 weeks out tomorrow and i am still struggling with 8 pounds..it goes up for a few day and then down..so i am just looking aty the inches i am losing and its plenty of them

goingforit1
on 3/18/12 7:12 am
VSG on 02/04/12 with
Did you lose a lot of weight pre-op? I lost 10 lbs pre op and then another almost 10 my first week. Then I didn't lose anything at all for two weeks. My body had to adjust to such a rapid loss and was probably hanging on to all it could. I stayed on plan and lost another 6 or 7 after that two week plateau.

Just hang in there, keep on the fluids and stay off the scale for at least a week or two.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 185 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 453 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 482 views