Two Months Since Surgery

meddick
on 3/19/12 9:45 pm
 Hello everyone,

I tried posting awhile back, but my account was inadverantly cancelled due to an India IP address.

I am an American living and working in Chennai, India.  I had my surgery on January 18, 2012 here in India.  At my 2 month check-up, I had lost 57 pounds!

I am a 6'7" tall male who has a bunch still to lose.  It is a good start.
gmb87
on 3/19/12 11:28 pm - East Aurora, NY
VSG on 01/10/12
Congrats to you, I am 10 weeks out and down approx the same as you. It should be an exciting journey.
Remember  it's bariactric surgery, not brain surgery! You need to get your head in the game!!!!                      
Thicklin
on 3/19/12 11:40 pm - TN
VSG on 04/23/12
You guys are doing a great job..and ya'll losing fast. Can't wait to join the loser bench.
LauriTheRN
on 3/19/12 11:44 pm
You are doing great. Keep up the great work.

121 lbs. lost since surgery June 2009.
Aussie_in_India
on 3/20/12 12:01 am - India
Hi Meddick - I am an Australian living and working in Bangalore, where I had my surgery 6 Feb. Everything is going really well (although the Sunday brunches aren't quite the same, if you know what I mean . . . ). Am heading home for a couple of weeks at Easter, and will be stocking up on protein shakes, bars and vitamins, as it can be a bit tricky finding things here. Haven't made it to Chennai yet, might leave it until a cooler time of year! Cheers neighbor, Jo
meddick
on 3/23/12 3:24 am
 Did you use a hospital/surgeon that did a lot of medical tourists?

I used a surgeon who does not do medical tourists.  The surgery was at an Apollo hospital, but one of the smaller ones that did not have many expats.  As a result, I was kind of a novelity, and seemed to get a lot of attention from the nurses and the house staff.  And I did not even have to pay the 'special expate price'.

Take care,

Don

BTW - not much reason for a tourist to come to Chennai.

Alice71
on 3/20/12 2:43 am - Canada
VSG on 01/09/12
2.5 months out and 35 pounds gone! Yahooo keep up the good work
meddick
on 3/23/12 3:20 am
 Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and encouragement.

Aussie_in_India
on 3/23/12 12:00 pm - India
Hi Don - I was also an Apollo, so one of the smaller hospitals here, cost around $8k, which is what they also charge NRIs, even though I have a PAN. I was really happy with the hospital and dr, most of the nurses were good, standard stuffing around to pay the account, but after two and a half years, we weren't that surprised. Might be in Chennai in late April, for the ANZAC service at the consulate, but probably a fly in / fly our trip. Funny how Bangalore doesn't make it into many tour books either
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views