Scale trouble?

gabstotheabs
on 3/19/12 12:54 am - Hartford, CT
I am two weeks out and the weight loss thus far has been incredible. I weigh myself every day because I just can't help it but twice now I've had the scale tell me I've actually gained weight. I weighed in at 259.9 yesterday and today I weighed in at 261.2. I don't know how this is possible, I'm drinking water, keeping up with protein, and barely eating 500 calories on a good day. Is there an explanation for this?
MenagerieNik
on 3/19/12 1:03 am
 It happens. For one thing, your calories are so low that your body may be going into starvation mode. When that happens it hangs on to every single calorie to protect itself. My doctor told me to hit 1000 calories a day and no less to avoid this happening. Also, there are times when you're going to have water weight gain that has little to nothing to do with what you are eating. 

I would suggest you double-check with your doctor as to what your calorie count should be and make sure you meet it.  Good luck!

HW: 285 SW: 267 GW: 130
katier825
on 3/19/12 8:57 am
At any given moment, the body holds onto varying amounts of water. Don't worry if it fluctuates a little. Stick to your nutrition plan and the weight will come off. If it continues to be a problem, watch your sodium intake. I am very sensitive to sodium now and if I'm not careful, I will balloon up. Deli meats, especially ham will do that to me.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 264 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views