I got engaged! :) Plus excess skin info 3 years later...

Kellawanda
on 3/24/12 12:55 am
VSG on 06/04/09 with
 Greetings to all..............been awhile since I posted. Those of you that know me, know I post videos instead of typing   So here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By6nMfAlVeM&list=UUQ-cG3jK1Ps aJYPPZRlymOw&index=1&feature=plcp 

I talk about my recent engagement and what its like having excess skin nearly 3 years post op....and shopping for wedding dresses with it 
www.youtube.com/kellawanda <---check out my vlog of my progress

VSG 6/4/2009: I'm 5'4",   HW 242,   SW 234,   CW 155.  Size 6 generally.

PS with Dr. Agha 5/14/2012 - LBL, Arm lift, fat transfer to (_:_) 
bbearsmama
on 3/24/12 1:01 am
RNY on 02/28/13
Congratulations!!! I have seen some of your videos!!

So exciting!!

Hugs,
Pam

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

kahlana
on 3/24/12 1:02 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
Congrats! i am a subscriber to your channel. Love watching your vids thanks for sharing your journey with us!

My Blog My Facebook

Jeanne T.
on 3/24/12 2:23 am
I'll be praying that the grant comes through for you.  Keep your chin up :)

Jeanne

Marabell
on 3/24/12 2:25 am
VSG on 06/07/12
Hello,

I have never seen your videos prior....I just wanted to thank you for putting my thoughts and emotions about this subject into words..you have expressed exactly what I have feared for over 30 years. You mentioned that you wonder if people gain their weight back because of the excess skin....I have said, for years, (long before considering WLS--I'm pre-op) that I think that I sabotage myself and my attempts at dieting because as disgusting as looking at all of this fat is, I would still rather see that in the mirror than hanging, loose, skin.

I have posted about this subject a couple of times on here because it is such an all consuming concern for me.....I have moved past the point of letting it control me though...which is why at 325 lbs. I have come to the conclusion that being healthy and alive is far more important. So, sleeve...here I come.

I say this to you because I want you to know that your video, as difficult as it was for you to do, has helped me to not only articulate to others' what I feel, but more importantly to tell myself that if someone as young and beautiful as you can remain positive and move through this....while helping others.....I certainly can try to be positive as well.

Soooo, in a long about way, thank you. Thank you for sharing your feelings and yourself.

Oh and congrats on the engagement...he is super cute 

would love to see pics. of your wedding--beauty starts from within--you will be a lovely bride.

Kellawanda
on 3/24/12 4:54 am
VSG on 06/04/09 with
 I would say the excess skin is better than the fat was - its just a different kind of problem :) The nice thing is it can be "hidden" somewhat. Of course not completely. But I never figured out a way to hide the fat! lol.  One nice thing is you have the knowledge before hand that skin could be an issue, so you have the time to mentally prepare. If I had known - I would have also used the time to financially prepare for having it removed! 

I pray everything goes well for you and I congratulate you for gaining the courage to do something about it. 

46_11tobeme
on 3/24/12 3:23 am - NJ
 Great video. My arms look just like yours and I also didnt think I would have issues. Expected in around my stomach b/c of stretch marks, but did not expect all the loose skin in my arms! I have lost 50 lbs and have another 20-25 to go. Like you it is not as much as many people who have WLS and skin issues, so I was shocked when I saw the "bat wings". It is very depressing and I do not have the $ for PS. You look beautiful and congrats on the engagement!

beckyinkc
on 3/24/12 5:11 am
VSG on 07/25/12
You look really beautiful!  I bet you'll be a stunning bride, and that fiance of yours is a hottie!  I hope you'll post pics!

Good luck with the grant.  I truly hope that you get it and that you are pleased with the results.  I know someone mentioned it on the YouTube video, but it sounds like you might be able to get it a *****eaper at the Mexican clinics.  Not that it is free by any means, but having a lower overall cost might make the financing a little more obtainable.  

That all being said, have you thought about perhaps setting up something like a WePay account (I would say Paypal, but they are asshats - just google paypal freezing charity accounts and you'll see tons of bad press for them freezing accounts for seemingly no reason) where people who follow your journey might be able to kick in a few bucks?  I'm not rich by any means, and of course I couldn't just say, "Here, Kelly - take this 15 grand and go get everything tucked and such," but I could say, "I know it isn't much, but here's X toward your goal."  Just a thought. 

Best of luck, and please let us know what you hear from the foundation!
Kellawanda
on 3/24/12 10:10 am
VSG on 06/04/09 with
 Sounds like a good idea. I have actually had some generous people send me money via paypal in the past without me asking! They got my email address from when I had posted about something else and just sent money, saying I had really helped them and they wanted to help me. A nice surprise for me! But if I can get a chunk for surgery, donations could help me with things like airfare and accomodations in California because the Dr requires that I have to stay for one month...that includes 3 or 4 days in a recovery house which I think is around $300 per night. Ouch lol. 

And yes I know about paypal freezing funds. I set up a little donation thing at Christmas for people so I could make stockings for families that couldnt afford gifts. Paypal froze my account and wouldnt let me have it for 21 days. Luckily I was able to cover the stockings and had gotten a portion before they froze me. 

As far as Mexico goes, I am totally open to it...however the surgeon I found, I chose based on the INCREDIBLE work he does. I truly havent found anyone that compares. If I find one in Mexico that works like him I would absolutely go :) I would consider one in Mexico named Caloca....but Ive only seen 3 jobs he did. They were GREAT but the fact that Ive only been able to hunt down 3 photos of his work worries me!

beckyinkc
on 3/24/12 1:13 pm
VSG on 07/25/12
Everyone on the plastic surgery forums seems to swear by Dr. Sauceda.  They all say they have "Body by Sauceda." haha He may be worth a look!  I hope this becomes a reality for you!

(Oh, and stay a MONTH???  Whoa.)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views