When are you having Surgery

Suzanne B.
on 3/24/12 3:06 am, edited 3/24/12 3:08 am - OR
Hi Everyone,

How many more days of YOUR life are you willing to give away being fat? Each day you sit there trying to make up your mind about if you should or shouldn’t have weight loss surgery is another day gone of your life. I know it isn’t something that you just wake up and say “oh today I am going to schedule my weight loss surgery." 

The quality of your life is NOT what you want for yourself. You do deserve to have the very best life you can. If a doctor said to you that you were going to die if you don’t have surgery to have your appendix out you wouldn’t think twice about having surgery to have your appendix out because the doctor told you to have it. You have a disease that is called obesity and you and I both know that you can die from that.

Some of you have said “I should be able to do this on my own" why should I have weight loss surgery? Gee, if you could do this on your own you would have already done it. You have a disease and your need the “tool" to allow you to conquer losing the weight and keeping it off forever. You will be able to maintain your weight loss forever by making the lifestyle changes that will allow you to lose the weight. I never think I am on a diet, I never feel deprived. I eat healthy and I have a desert now and them—just not every day. When I eat a cookie, or cake or pie, I eat a very small amount—for me just tasting it works for me. The foods I eat are always in small amounts because I have a restriction—a new small stomach that does not hold a lot of food. It holds between 6 to 8 oz. but enough to meet all my needs—this is my new tool.

So instead of sitting there trying to make you mind up because I am sure you have been thinking about this for some time, STOP giving another day of your life away and start the process. I was a self-pay person. There was NO way my insurance was ever going to pay for it. I researched for about 6 months and my choice was Dr. Aceves. He was the most highly qualified Doctor that I found. He and his staff have more experience than any doctor I found while I was looking. Dr. Aceves’s hospital— is not a clinic, but a full hospital and it is so extremely clean and I have never been treated as well as I was treated.

Please care and love yourself enough to want better for yourself. You have a skinny person inside you screaming to come out—let that skinny person out and have the surgery.

If you have any question or just want to talk, send me an E-mail. I am here to help you in any way I can.  

Suzanne
Sleeved 10/28/2008
Lost 105 pounds
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
fireman441
on 3/24/12 3:37 am - CT
VSG on 03/26/12
 wow you post that just when i needed it the most ,i go in mon im sitting here how the hell do i get out of this ..what im i nuts ..what the hell im  i doing..then i read your post it all about me .been fat most of my life  lost more weight then i can count and put it all back on ..have copd and get (sob)
short of breath with all this exter pounds i am carry around..i can go on and on .but i wont just thanks for takeing the time to post this .still scared out of my f ing mine but this post helps  thanks   bruce

Chubbychic77
on 3/24/12 8:27 am - NJ
VSG on 05/30/12 with
 Good luck on Monday. You are making the right choice. I remember reading a post of your last week about whether or not to have someone stay with you for a day or two when you get home. What did u decide? 
fireman441
on 3/24/12 1:11 pm - CT
VSG on 03/26/12
thank you for the good luck wish,if i get to come home tue my daughter will stay over  if its wed i have a  friend that can come over but not till late,so i may just stay by myself .time will tell ..thanks for the post.....bruce

Suzanne B.
on 3/24/12 9:41 am - OR
Hi,

First of all hugs to you!  You are quite normal.  I did all the same things just before I had surgery.  On the plane ride there, I kept asking myself "what in the world am I doing?.  I was scared, excited, anxious, happy, sad, 2nd guessed myself and knew that I need to have this done.

So don't think that what you are feeling isn't OK,it is and you are going to be just fine.  You ae being a hero and you are going to save your own life.

I am always right here to talk with you and help you through ever step of the way.  Please always know that I read my E-mails 2 and 3 times a day. You made my day by saying that this was just what you needed.  It is nice to know that I am reaching people with my words.

Hang in there for the ride of your life.  Your entire life is about to change.

Hugs again,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
fireman441
on 3/24/12 10:37 am - CT
VSG on 03/26/12
hello suzanne,have to tell you i took a copy of you post to dinner tonight ,my 3 kids and all there kids took me out to dinner 16 of us .i told them i almost back out to day then read your post  it was like it was to me and just me ,so i will be there mon at 9:20 for my trun..
thanks so much ..bruce

Suzanne B.
on 3/24/12 2:32 pm - OR
On March 24, 2012 at 5:37 PM Pacific Time, fireman441 wrote:
hello suzanne,have to tell you i took a copy of you post to dinner tonight ,my 3 kids and all there kids took me out to dinner 16 of us .i told them i almost back out to day then read your post  it was like it was to me and just me ,so i will be there mon at 9:20 for my trun..
thanks so much ..bruce
Hi Bruce,

Awwww, you really made me smile BIG.  Nice to know that I got taken to the dinner with you and your family and you read them what I wrote.  I will be there in spirit on Monday with you my friend.  I want you to know that the 1st month will be the hardest month you will ever have to do. You can do anything for 30 days, it is NOT a lifetime.  It just keeps getting better and better after the first month.

I have some thing that I have written about the 1st month and if you send me your E-mail I will send them to you.  They will be very helpful to you.

My E-mail is [email protected].

I am here cheering you on BIG time.  You are doing the right thing.  You are being your very own HERO and doing something to save your own life.  This is ALL about you and no one else.
The time I spent writing this article this morning was so worth it to me if I made difference in just one person's life and I did!  It is YOU and you are worth all the things I have written or said. 

Hugs to you, sleep tight and send me your E-mail and I will send you some of the things I wrote about the 1st month.

Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
happymom80
on 3/24/12 11:20 am - MO
VSG on 03/05/12
My first two thoughts when I woke up from surgery...

1. I didn't die! Yay!
2. What the hell did I just do?????

But I"m glad I did it! And I'm still on my pureed/soft stuff...which stinks...but I'm still happy I did it! :-)

Good luck!

HW: 350+ (I didn't look after that)  SW: 328  

Tauret
on 3/24/12 4:22 am
I'm here on this board because it's the only thing that keeps me sane while I wait for the day when it's my turn. I've got about a year to wait, for some very personal reasons that I can't change. It's hard, knowing everything you just said, knowing I've got another year of being miserable before I can take charge of my life. But thanks for reminding me of the wonderful things ahead when it's done!
Suzanne B.
on 3/24/12 9:48 am - OR
On March 24, 2012 at 11:22 AM Pacific Time, Tauret wrote:
I'm here on this board because it's the only thing that keeps me sane while I wait for the day when it's my turn. I've got about a year to wait, for some very personal reasons that I can't change. It's hard, knowing everything you just said, knowing I've got another year of being miserable before I can take charge of my life. But thanks for reminding me of the wonderful things ahead when it's done!
Hi,

I wish you great success and hope that the year passes quickly for you. At leat you have a target and that is at the end of the year.  Can I make some suggestion that may help you.  How about looking on the Internet for some Low Carb recipes or going to the book store and finding a great Low Carb recipe book.  I think it will give you a chance to write out some new recipes for you to eat after you have the surgery.  You will be eating a lot of protein and low carbs.  So find some of these foods now and experiment with them and see how you like them.

Get to magazine and find clothing that you think you would like to were a year after you have your surgery.  Keep you mind and hands busy.  Set some small goals, like giving up just one or two things you know are going to be hard to break the habit of wanting to eat them.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views