Any currently taking or has taken Coumadin or Warfin for blood clots???

cassandra1021
on 3/29/12 12:32 am - MD
I need to know if coumadin interfers with weight loss, causes weight gain, or increased appetite while taking this medicine.  I take coumadin for a DVT that I got from having a PICC line in after surgery because of pancreatitis.  I've read some things briefly on the subject, and the doctors don't know if it's a side effect one way or another.  Maybe it's all in my head....just wondering from those that HAVE experience with this medicine.

Thanks in advance.
I have a ways to go, but by the grace of God I will reach my goal!!! 

emdesq
on 3/29/12 12:58 am
I was on it 8 years ago after a DVT and PE.  I don't recall gaining weight on it (I was pretty heavy at the time already), but I know that I felt completely run down all the time, with absolutely no energy.  I cried when my doctor said I needed to stay on it longer.  Now I just do aspirin therapy, and my energy is fine.

Ready for my world to change!
HW394/SW373/GW Under 200
cassandra1021
on 3/29/12 1:04 am - MD
I can completely identify with you on the feeling run down part.  Hopefully I'll only have another 2 months on this medicine.....May can't come fast enough!
I have a ways to go, but by the grace of God I will reach my goal!!! 

Debbie R.
on 3/30/12 1:44 pm - Cedar Hill, TX
VSG on 02/27/12

I have been taking it for the past 6 years since I found out I have A-fib. I just have to go for monthly
PT/INR labs (done as a fingerstick). Some foods do interact with the meds mostly dark leafy greens, vitamin C, & other vegies. Post -op you won't be eating lots of vegies though. I had to go off my coumadin for surgery & then back on after. I was afraid to go off of it because one of the problems with A-fib is it causes blood clots because the atria in my heart is not pumping correctly. Thank God & my guardian angel for watching over me everything was all right. You will do fine also! It tastes horrible crushed, but that phase passed too!
Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 279 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 332 views