Several NSVs this weekend

ib40
on 3/31/12 1:23 pm
I am on the board of directors for a private autism school and we had our big fund raiser this weekend. I walked in and a good friend (that I see at least weekly) did not recognize me until I walked up and hugged her. Granted, she wouldn't shut up about it, but it was still pretty neat.

I went to get my hair cut and my hairdressser began seriously lecturing me that I was getting too thin and needed to slow down on my weight loss. No one has EVER told me I was too thin and honestly, I'm not anywhere close to being thin, but it was still nice.

Today, I went to a musical at a very old theater and fit beautifully into the very small seats.

Finally, I walked into a department store on impulse to see if I could find a pair of black jeans to wear out one evening. I pulled a pair of 12s off of the rack (typically, I only wear certain brands because this girl's got some junk in her trunk), and they fit like a charm. I actually could have/should have bought 10s, but these were expensive jeans on clearance and there were no 10s.

I am starting to feel like I'm actually changing my body for the first time since I started this journey. I've lost slowly; at 6.5 months, I've lost 65 lbs. It's a good feeling.

saraw79
on 3/31/12 1:26 pm - MI
VSG on 05/07/12
 Congrats.. and way to go.... I bet thats an amazing feeling.... :)
Pre op diet 224
Surgery day 212
month 1 to 2 i lost 9.6 pounds
month 2 to 3 i lost 7 pounds
month 3 to 4 i lost 6.2

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/12 10:44 pm
Great NSVs! I went shopping Friday and bought a pair of shorts size 12. Nearly cried.

It's funny, when I look in the mirror I see the same me. I also think my mind never processed how big I had been previously. It's ard to understand sometimes but it's a good problem to have.
favrow812
on 4/1/12 2:10 am - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
Glad you had a good weekend!

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

ib40
on 4/1/12 8:23 am
Thanks to all! It's been a good weekend. I just slipped into the 160s today, which was unexpected, but nice.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views