Found a slider, need to buckle down on protein, vitamins and fluids.

seekingslimness
on 4/1/12 9:13 am
VSG on 02/24/12
It's been a tough week, I went back to work, I am a RN and it's been harder staying with my plan at work than I thought it was gonna be.  I have a hard time getting all my protein and fluids in, I have make a few bad food choices, but just as many good ones, I have hit a stall this week, no wonder with everything going on and I have a really hard times remembering to take all my vitamins and supplements.  I am down 40 lbs and feeling better than I have in a while, but man I need to get my but in gear.  Some days I don't eat enough either, although I am not too concerned there, I never would have thought I wouldn't be able to eat enough.  Lovin the advancing of my diet but I need to make sure not to go overboard.  Missing a few things, pepsi is a big one. I have a friend who had the RNY about 8 years ago and she drinks diet soda like it going out of style and eats a good amount of food.  I know someday I will try a little soda again, probably will be too sweet for me when I do. Almost just wishing for one "normal" meal out, eating and drinking what I want.  But 40 lbs is worth it.  It's still tough some days and today is one of those.  Can't wait to be six months out!
   NIKKI

mama2girls
on 4/1/12 9:38 am
I think it's great u are recognizing it now, but you needed to remember why your doing this, and to say u will drink soda again worries me a little this is a life change I too know someone who now after five years out drinks soda but I don't ever plan on drinking it again, it stretches the pouch so that's prob y she can eat a lot. I am very satisfied with what I have accomplished but just as easy as it came off it will come back on easier

HW:409  SW:328 CW:185-190 GW: 190, lowest wt:165;

GS Surgery date 8/9/11

Body by Sauceda born 12/9/16

"I'm working on myself, for myself, by myself"

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/12 9:44 am - Mexico
On April 1, 2012 at 4:38 PM Pacific Time, mama2girls wrote:
I think it's great u are recognizing it now, but you needed to remember why your doing this, and to say u will drink soda again worries me a little this is a life change I too know someone who now after five years out drinks soda but I don't ever plan on drinking it again, it stretches the pouch so that's prob y she can eat a lot. I am very satisfied with what I have accomplished but just as easy as it came off it will come back on easier

I am almost 4 years post op from my revision and I have a diet soda every now and again.  I didn't for the first year, little bubbles crawl up your throat, it's awful.  But every now and again I'll have a diet soda and it hasn't stretched my stomach.  I still can only eat very small portions.  3oz of dense protein, for example, is my limit.

I'm not suggesting everyone run out and drink soda it's just that in moderation it hasn't done anything negative to me.

mama2girls
on 4/1/12 10:40 am
I agree a little treat is fine, but just think that just coming out of surgery someone shouldn't be thinking of pop right now and prob cuz I always tend to get stuck on things lol if I take a little pop I'll probably make it a regular thing lol

HW:409  SW:328 CW:185-190 GW: 190, lowest wt:165;

GS Surgery date 8/9/11

Body by Sauceda born 12/9/16

"I'm working on myself, for myself, by myself"

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/12 10:44 am - Mexico
On April 1, 2012 at 5:40 PM Pacific Time, mama2girls wrote:
I agree a little treat is fine, but just think that just coming out of surgery someone shouldn't be thinking of pop right now and prob cuz I always tend to get stuck on things lol if I take a little pop I'll probably make it a regular thing lol

You are a newbie, you won't want it again right out of surgery.  It is NOT a pleasant experience as a newbie. ;o)  But is me, always testing the waters.  I honestly don't know how I have stayed at goal for 4 years!  HA

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 363 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views