Hubby's about-face post sleeve!!!

Sugan Spice
on 4/2/12 10:26 am - Gatineau, Canada
Revision on 02/21/12
 Hi all! I remember posting pre-op about my hubby's 'apprehension' about me getting my band removed and the sleeve done. Although he was soooo happy I was having my band removed, he was scared s**tless about my having another WLS at the same time. After loooots of reading and discussion, he accepted that it was my decision and my body.

Im now almost 7 weeks post-op and 32 pounds down and he ecstatic about my decision! Every week he finds some new pro-sleeve article and it's effects on various comorbidities. He has supported my evening workouts by putting our sons to bed and stuff! And I have rediscovered my love for my treadmill!!! 

It has been a full 180 on his part and he is enjoying this as much as me. He was worried that I would not be eating with them at supper and such which is completely understandable after my two years of lapband hell. But as we both acknowledge that this is a tool and not a diet I am learning to eat normally and healthily without stifling his occasional indulgence. Instead I adapt my day to allow for any 'slips' but cheer my positive food choices as they are what I do mostly. And in turn, we are all eating more healthily...fish, good proteins are now a part of our menus!

So to all that have similar issues with spouses....baby steps... But it's YOUR decision!

roundater
on 4/2/12 10:42 am - Lincoln, NE
You go girl! Thia is from a sleeved hubby here. Best health decision I ever made. You have my total and unconditional support.
Rich Sonderegger

Sugan Spice
on 4/2/12 11:43 am - Gatineau, Canada
Revision on 02/21/12
 Thanks bud!!!! Congrats on your sleeve success!!!!! ;) 

AmberK
on 4/2/12 11:11 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 So good to have your spouse support you! My hubby supports me and I don't know if I could have done it without him. 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

Sugan Spice
on 4/2/12 11:45 am - Gatineau, Canada
Revision on 02/21/12
 Gotta love our loved ones!!!! :) 

momsy55
on 4/2/12 11:25 am - ME
My husband was originally saying he was supportive, but when it came down to it, he wanted me not to have the surgery, as he was so scared that something bad would happen.  Once I had the surgery, recovered without prblems, and started losing, he was thrilled!  We need and deserve to have family support when we make such a major decision, but we also have to remember that our loved ones have fears about the surgery, just like we do before it happens.

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Sugan Spice
on 4/2/12 11:43 am - Gatineau, Canada
Revision on 02/21/12
 Agreed! He and I read together and discussed things are a partnership but ultimately it had to be my decision.

AnnMarie
on 4/2/12 11:27 am
VSG on 04/10/12
Nice post! I have had extensive complications from my band with multiple surgeries and my poor husband, he has never faltered (even when the port fell out of my body one night! he was calm--and terrified!)He is very concerned about complications but trusts in my decision making skills. It was really nice to read your post My surgery is next week so the timing is perfect, thank you!
Grats on your wonderful success

AnnMarie  vsg 4/10/12 Age: 41, Height: 5'2ish
       Banded '04 PreOp BMI 64, PreOp for VSG: BMI 55, SW BMI: 50 

Sugan Spice
on 4/2/12 11:44 am - Gatineau, Canada
Revision on 02/21/12
 Wow!!! AnnMarie you are a trooper!! And so is your hubby!!! I'm wi shing you a safe and smooth journey!!!!!!! Keep me posted on your sitch!!!!  :)

AnnMarie
on 4/2/12 11:53 am
VSG on 04/10/12
You bet!
Thank you so much--your kindness and spirit really come through in your posts....and that's a great thing! Here's to being losers, baby!

AnnMarie  vsg 4/10/12 Age: 41, Height: 5'2ish
       Banded '04 PreOp BMI 64, PreOp for VSG: BMI 55, SW BMI: 50 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views