Has anyone heard of Miracle Noodles?

SassyItalian
on 4/2/12 12:53 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
So here's the bottom line- you wont know if YOU like them til you try them, so its probably worth a try.

I have bought the shirataki noodles before and found them fishy..but there are several people on here who swear by them and have some good recipes.

So by all means, figure it out for yourself, who knows, maybe it will become a nice option versus pasta or spaghetti squash.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

JRthinner
on 4/2/12 1:05 pm
They are HORRIBLE!!!.  I bought a box of them and had to throw them all out.  I even gave some away and the other people also through them away.  Save you money!!!  I have not tried the shirataki noodles-I wonder if they are different.  Good luck
Margo N.
on 4/2/12 2:12 pm
I actually like them a lot - prefer them in Asian style stir fries rather than Italian style pasta.

My only comment is that they are REALLY filling - which can be a good thing if you are having a "hungry" day, which happens for me sometimes at 2 years out. But, being so filling, they can prevent me from eating enough of the stuff I NEED - protein and fiber from veggies. So I usually just make up a stir fry as usual with lots of protein and low carb veg, and add a bit of Shiritaki for the noodley texture, and I also use them to replace rice noodles in Vietnamese noodle salads - one of my most favourite recipes ever, and one that I would never eat if it meant all the carbs from regular noodles.
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

b_scene33
on 4/2/12 7:09 pm - OH
I tried these, loooove them! They dont taste like noodles, but thats okay with me, bc now the smell of pasta- the yeast- makes me gag, but the trick is to remember they have no flavor- as long as u prep them correctly, no fish smell or taste (ive heard some ppls notice more than others) the flavor is what u add, like tofu. u love it or u hate it! ive heard they have an entire line of different types of noodles,,, sounds awesome to me!!!

♫♫♪♪♫Brie♫♫♪♪♫
*H:5'4" HW: 242 SW: 218.8 CW:142  GW:142*
Surgery Date 9/07/11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views