"It's YOU!"

Jenny C.
on 4/5/12 2:24 am
I started growing my hair out a couple of years ago, and went to a hairdresser several times until he cut it all to one length, then stopped going entirely.  That was over a year ago, and yesterday my daughter and I went for a haircut date together.  When I walked in and said 'hi', I could tell that the hairdresser couldn't place me.  As we talked, I inserted, "yeah, I remember you talking about that" kind of things to try and help him remember me.  We had had pretty deep conversations, not your typical summer vacation type stuff.  I gave it one more try with "I had weight loss surgery about a year ago" and that did it.  He gasped, and said "Oh my God, it's you" and "I am one big goose bump right now".  When I left, he hugged me and told me how happy and proud he was for me.  He had tears in his eyes.

I don't often see folks that I haven't seen since before surgery.  The new me is now normal for me, which is a blessing, though sometimes I wish I could live in my former size for a day just as a reminder of exactly what is different.   J's reaction was a great reminder of how special a gift my sleeve has been.

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/12 2:46 am
Awesome story - Thanks for posting!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/12 3:46 am
What a great story! It's so important to never forget where we came from!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 288 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 340 views