We submitted to my insurance today!!

Natalie S.
on 4/5/12 2:49 pm - San Jose, CA
VSG on 05/09/12
 Not without some bumps but after close to 8 months my Surgeon's office submitted all the paperwork and now I wait!!! I hope to be sleeved the 1st or the 3rd at El Camino Hospital in Mountain View California :) 

Highest Weight: 255  Consult Weight: 249  PreOp Current Weight: 229

TNERNURSE
on 4/5/12 3:07 pm
Good luck! I finished my 6 month requirements in Dec. during the holidays. So I figured that would hold things up for a few weeks. Finally everything was submitted in Jan. got the approval a few weeks later. I wanted to have surgery during Spring break so it was nerve wrecking hoping everything was completed and approved so I wouldn't miss that one week window. Had my surg. on March 13th and back to classes the next week when school started back. Hope everything works out. The months of hoop jumping will soon be over. 

Natalie S.
on 4/6/12 3:36 am - San Jose, CA
VSG on 05/09/12
 Could I ask what insurance you have!? The surgical coordinator in my surgeon's office is suggesting I won't have to wait longer than 2 weeks...I hope I am not jinxing myself by stating that LOL!! How has recovery gone for you!? I am a Nanny and the family I work for has okay'd my for 3 weeks off, though it's comforting to know you were up at out there a week out :D 

Chrislove
on 4/6/12 9:34 am
I trying for the summer break.  What insurance did you have, if you don't mind me asking?
TNERNURSE
on 4/6/12 3:17 pm
My insurance carrier is Unitedhealthcare ( UMR)- I was lucky  nothing else was requested after I had completed the requirements. I had  a co-worker and they kept requesting more test be completed ( I think that is rare , not common) . I checked with the doctor office every 1-1/2 - 2 weeks to see if any information had been received. One day I was told a case number had been assigned to my review. Apparently if can be received by the insurance office but once it is actively being reviewed it is assigned a #. I think I received the approval approx. a week after I was informed I had a case #. The weight management center I use require a few more classes, etc. after the approval. Had to go to a final nut. class and a pre/post op final education session. Then you get the preop lab, chest xray and ekg, plus meet with anesthesia. Good luck! Hope you hear something soon and can have surgery on the front end of summer break!

Marabell
on 4/5/12 4:15 pm
VSG on 06/07/12
Good luck! May this waiting period go quickly for you...me too...i am in the same position...i am hoping for surgery in may....

Natalie S.
on 4/6/12 2:57 am - San Jose, CA
VSG on 05/09/12
 :D I would have had my surgery in Feb if my Husband's insurance company didn't switch from Blue Cross to Blue Shield...I was upset at first but though to take advantage of this extra time to work out and really hone my new healthy habits! I have lost close to 20 lbs and gained muscle. If the insurance gets back to us within a few days it will be the first week of May either the 1st or 3rd. If it takes them past my pre-op appointment which is on the 18th of this Month it will be the second week of May either the 8th or 10th. Having those dates are really helping me keep my focus!!  Thank you for the well wishes and feedback!! Happy Friday!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views