Denied for the 4th time. No surgery next week

dianne220
on 4/5/12 12:53 pm - TX
VSG on 10/02/12
So, I was approved 1 week and a half ago and had pre-op appointment made with Dr. and hospital.  Friday they called and said i was only approved as secondary only due to my primary denying me.  So long story short, my secondary refuses to pay as primary so therefore I am denied.  Period, end of story.  No amount of appeal will help they said as this is an absolute denial reason.  So now I have to wait until open enrollment to discontinue my primary insurance.  Therefore my secondary will be primary and I can have surgery sometime this fall/winter.  It's only been 14 months that I've been trying.  I meet all the requirement but was penalized for having 2 insurances.  My first insurance is free and my second is pretty high.  This really stinks.  Thanks for listening to me vent.  I will probably not be on here until August or so becuase it depresses me so much.  Good luck to everyone on their journey's.  I'll be back in about 6 months!

5' 8.75" HW 278 / Doctor supervised Diet 271 / SW 247 / Doctor's goal 175 / Personal Goal 167/ Current weight 155/  M1: 24.8  M2: 10.8  M3: 10.8  M4: 10.4  M5: 7.6  M6: 10.6  M7:  6.6  M8:  5.6  M9:  5.0

AmberK
on 4/5/12 1:12 pm
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 I am so sorry! I know you feel defeated and angry. Please keep your chin up and know that you will have it done, and It will be here before you know it! Take this extra time to try and get some healthy habits down and find a good protein shake that you like. This is only giving you more prep time to be more prepared for surgery! Good luck to you! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

alwayz_smilin2587
on 4/5/12 1:47 pm - MO
VSG on 04/16/12
 I know it's hard to think of right now, but just remember everything happens for a reason. I too had to jump through hoops for my insurance to finally come through and everything work out. I've only been going through it for a year and finally got approval. But the way things panned out...when I look back I realize it's a good thing the surgery didnt happen 6 months ago. I think everything is meant to fall into place and when the time is right you will have your surgery. 

Keep a smile on your face and take this time to work on your habits and preparation for surgery. I wish you the best! It might be in your best interest to stay on this website and keep supporting and writing in blogs. There's always a benefit! Stay strong! 
Christine_TX
on 4/5/12 2:25 pm - TX
VSG on 05/23/12
I'm soo sorry that you didn't get your approval.
I hope everything works out for you in the fall/winter time and you are able to have your surgery
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 106 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 334 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 384 views