OMG It might finally be my time :)

Amy O.
on 4/14/12 5:11 am - Dundalk, MD
Two years ago I joined OH hoping to have surgery done. Long story short I had an excusion on my ins, changed jobs which now gives me no insurance. I met an amazing (incredibly cute) guy, who is everything I could have ever wanted and he has asked me to spend my life with him  So when we marry in October I will once again have insurance! Whats better is that I had future hubby send an email to Aetna asking if the sleeve is covered and it is!!!! He loves me just the way I am, but is totally behind me if I need to do this for me :) LOL sorry for the ramble but i'm so excited - things are working out for me in ways I never imagined! So now I guess I will start the 6 month Weigh****chers diet to get that out of the way. Has anyone else gone through Aetna Choice POS II? What were your pre surgery requirements?
econtiff
on 4/14/12 6:15 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 That's my exact insurance. 3 physician supervised visits, 1 NUT for bariatric appt, and 1 psych eval. Standardized tests and actually talking to someone. We did 4 years documented weight loss attempt and weights. 

Approval was really easy. Surgeon is requiring an endoscopy, bloodwork, EKG, chest x ray. The of course pre ops. 

I get sleeved 4/24

Lynnegetsbrave
on 4/14/12 6:21 am
 There is another way...people don't know it but if you have no insurance...you can google pcip...it is the new government healthcare plan for people with no insurance or a pre-existing exclusion...it is easy to qualify and the cost depends on your age...it is the same insurance federal employees get in most cases...my cost is 305.00 per month with a 4,000.00 out of pocket maximum...approval is one comorbidity and six month supervised weight loss...very simple...approval for insurance can take less than one month...just a thought for those of you out there who have no insurance or have exclusions...and yes this is the famous Obama Care...but really it is ACA...the Affordable Care Act.
Amy O.
on 4/14/12 6:28 am - Dundalk, MD
On April 14, 2012 at 1:21 PM Pacific Time, Lynnegetsbrave wrote:
 There is another way...people don't know it but if you have no insurance...you can google pcip...it is the new government healthcare plan for people with no insurance or a pre-existing exclusion...it is easy to qualify and the cost depends on your age...it is the same insurance federal employees get in most cases...my cost is 305.00 per month with a 4,000.00 out of pocket maximum...approval is one comorbidity and six month supervised weight loss...very simple...approval for insurance can take less than one month...just a thought for those of you out there who have no insurance or have exclusions...and yes this is the famous Obama Care...but really it is ACA...the Affordable Care Act.
I did look into this - in MD there is a maryland high risk insurance plan. I make too much to get the subsidized plan, so my monthly cost for insurance would be over $500 a month with a $500 deductible! Just way too expensive in my opinion for a 26 year old.
AnnMarie
on 4/14/12 6:44 am
VSG on 04/10/12
hmmm. health insurance has changed dramatically in the last 10 years. I pay half the premium for my insurance (I cover myself and my husband) and pay almost what you're quoting as too much. Considering the medical needs that you currently have and the cost associated with it , (I think my first lap band surgery was $26,000) seems like a smoking deal to me. Just something to think about. Best to you on your adventure! :)

AnnMarie  vsg 4/10/12 Age: 41, Height: 5'2ish
       Banded '04 PreOp BMI 64, PreOp for VSG: BMI 55, SW BMI: 50 

Amy O.
on 4/14/12 7:03 am - Dundalk, MD
On April 14, 2012 at 1:44 PM Pacific Time, AnnMarie wrote:
hmmm. health insurance has changed dramatically in the last 10 years. I pay half the premium for my insurance (I cover myself and my husband) and pay almost what you're quoting as too much. Considering the medical needs that you currently have and the cost associated with it , (I think my first lap band surgery was $26,000) seems like a smoking deal to me. Just something to think about. Best to you on your adventure! :)
Yes I do agree that it would be a great deal, it's just that the $500 a month is needed more for my rent than for health insurance :(
AnnMarie
on 4/14/12 8:22 am
VSG on 04/10/12
I absolutely agreee we do what we all need to but perhaps not have to, do. I tend to be fixer and problem solver so I would likely just get another job, save up some and go for it. I tend to be the minority of having more than one job and thinking that it's okay. I've also been called bulldog regarding making things happen (eek!) I respect where you're at and I hope to see you moving closer and closer to surgery over the next months.
I did have a client once who needed the medical insurance from her military fiance. They got married by a JP, didn't tell anyone but she did get the insurance and could get healthy before they announced the actual wedding and did invites. Family didn't even know. It worked for them, lol

Best to you! :)

AnnMarie  vsg 4/10/12 Age: 41, Height: 5'2ish
       Banded '04 PreOp BMI 64, PreOp for VSG: BMI 55, SW BMI: 50 

Amy O.
on 4/14/12 6:26 am - Dundalk, MD
That's awesome!! Congrats :)
Most Active