Exercise post surgery

Finallyfit54
on 4/19/12 11:16 am
Hi all,
Wondering how soon after surgery did you get clearance to exercise and what types of things did you try?
(deactivated member)
on 4/19/12 12:31 pm
Cleared for all exercise at 6 weeks out. Walking and vigorous walking before that. I do circuit training and cardio 4-5 days per week. I'm up to 4 miles on the elliptical trainer at a level 10 with no problem now.
Finallyfit54
on 4/20/12 9:23 am
Sounds like you are really rocking the exercise! I look forward to being able to getting physically active. Thanks for sharing with me.

ladyday
on 4/20/12 12:48 am
VSG on 02/15/12
 My 2 month sugery anniversary was 4/15 and the doctor said that the following week, 4/22 is when I could start hitting the gym. I am a hot yoga fanatic and begged to go about 2 weeks ago. BIG MISTAKE!!!! I thought that I was going to pass out. I didn't have pain, just the feeling like I was going to faint. I haven't been back since. I will stick to waking and wait until the 4/22 date that the doctor gave me. Darn surgery has made me feel so good and energetic that I can't keep still.

Finallyfit54
on 4/20/12 9:29 am
So good to hear that your surgery has done so much for you! I don't have a date yet. Meeting with my surgeon in two weeks. I'll do as much as I can on this side of the journey and heed your warning about jumping the gun post surgery. Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views