Finally!!!! I have funding!!! (x-post)

Somayeh
on 4/21/12 1:48 am - Fountian Valley, CA
VSG on 05/09/12
Hey gang,

I'm x-posting this from the RNY boards as I settle in and get to know my VSG surgery buddies. I'm excited!

After 7 years of research and 3 different failed attempts to get surgery authorized through 3 different insurers, I have finally managed to secure funding for self-pay with a wonderful surgeon in Belgium with a great track record. After 7 years of fighting, everything seemed to fall in place in the span of a week. Isn't that always how it works? I am in the process of scheduling preop testing and am hoping for a date in May!

It still doesn't feel real. It probably won't until the day of surgery. Either way, I am excited and relieved. I can finally hang up my fighting gloves and put on some lifting gloves. Give me another 4 weeks and I'll be eyeballing a spot on the losers bench. I'm not worried though, all you skinny minnies are forever making more room on there!

CELEBRATE!
Somayeh
Defining success by behaviors, feelings and NSVs!        
Marabell
on 4/21/12 2:19 am
VSG on 06/07/12
GOOD FOR YOU!

why do things always have to be so difficult!?

well...heres to an easy journey from here on out!!!

Somayeh
on 4/21/12 2:32 am - Fountian Valley, CA
VSG on 05/09/12
 In-deed! That's the price I pay for being moderately healthy despite my weight. My last insurer flat out said they'd only cover it if it was life or death scenario. I explained that it was, but it wasn't on their timeline! In the end, I know I am getting the right surgery for me with the right surgeon for me. It's the long, windy road, but it's mine! =D 

Thanks for the well wishes!
Defining success by behaviors, feelings and NSVs!        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views