Skin

tinkerott
on 4/26/12 3:22 am - St. Catharines, Canada
 The only thing that is starting to bother me is all this skin.  I never thought I would have such flabby underarms, or thighs.  I'm not liking it at all.  I guess that just means I will have to have it chopped off when I get down to my desired weight.  I wonder if anybody covers it for health reasons, or if it is covered after so much weight loss.

Anyone in Canada know?
julesGA
on 4/26/12 3:40 am - Brunswick, GA
 The skin bums me out too, but then I think about now being able to go up two flights of stairs without feeling like I am going to die and I get over it. 

duranie512
on 4/26/12 4:53 am - OH
The skin bothers me also.  I knew I would have it.  I think it looks like elephant skin...lol.  Im uncomfortable about it and try to wear shirts that have longer sleeves on them.  But since I have lost all of this weight and am freaking freezing all the time so that doesn't bother me.

rhearob
on 4/26/12 4:57 am - TN
 Its funny, isn't it, how as we make this journey and start to take better care of ourselves, that we become much more concerned about appearance?  Before my surgery I was all like - "I won't ever have plastics, i don't care about that stuff I just want to be healthier".

Now, I am planning my first plastics consult when I reach my 75% goal (Only another 13 lbs).  I want that saggy skin monster off my belly!  IT floats independently of the rest of me in the bathtub!  Thank god the skin under my arms is not so loose that it floats on its own!

My insurance covers abdominoplasty for any weight loss >100 lbs.  Thanks God.  They do it because they want the abdominal muscles tightened to contain the contents of the abdominal cavity.  Its good for me, and they see it as a risk aversion for future issues.

I am looking for other plans that may cover plastics to buy myself as a secondary.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

duranie512
on 4/26/12 5:55 am - OH
WOW your lucky your insurance will pay for a tummy tuck!!! I am hoping to have another baby so after that I might have one done!!  Good luck with everything!! 

Tickie
on 5/2/12 12:20 am - Barrie, Ontario, Canada
I know exactly what you mean, Vicky!  I said I would never get plastic surgery done as I was only concerned about getting healthier but the more I turn into elephant woman the more I want the surgery!!
I went out & bought a new bra a couple days ago - what an ordeal!!!  The ones that fit my shrinking breasts left the excess skin hanging over the sides & under my arms!  argh!  Not a pretty sight (no, don't try to imagine it)! LOL
My skin has been tightening up, slightly, but definitely not as fast as I would like.  It's been a year & 3mnths since my surgery & I'm down almost 170 lbs but this skin issue seems to take away from the joy I should be feeling about losing all the weight (well, to a point).  
I'm embarrassed to wear anything short sleeved, not even going to think about sleeveless.  I was looking forward to wearing shorts for the 1st time since high school but not with these thighs!! 
But as the other person wrote, I'm freezing all the time too so lack of clothes has not been an issue yet, but with the warmer weather coming, that's going to be a challenge!
I will have to check to see if my insurance covers it or not, didn't even think about that!  Thanks to the others on here that suggested it.
I am starting to save up for work on my breasts tho!  ;)  I have said there are only 2 things I miss since my surgery - my hair (cut it short when it started falling out when I wasn't eating enough protein) & my breasts!!!  I've always had large breasts & was proud of them, now I have 90yr old woman breasts!!  Not fair!!! LOL
Keep up the great work, Vicky!  We will have to get together again soon!
Tickie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views